Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Happy Birthday to me

So, my birthday was this last weekend, and it was good. I went to TrinityCrops Friday night, and then Saturday I went out scrapping all day with my friends Bonnie and Becky. We went to a crop put on by a local group, and it was nice to have time to work on things without being interrupted every 5 minutes. I made it a 'CT free weekend' and chose to work on pictures that I had bought specific kits for. It felt good to use some of the things that had been sitting on my HD untouched for so long!
Friday night I did this page of Sarah for Michelle Godin's birthday blog challenge:
and since there were only 2 of us to participate in this challenge, Michelle was really sweet and gave us both GCs to spend in her store at SBG :)

At Saturday's crop I focused on the never-ending stack of vacation 2006 photos. I got several pages done for that vacation. Somehow I don't think though that I will have them all scrapped before the next big vacation this summer- we're looking into taking the older kids to Disney since Grandmama offered to watch the little ones while we are gone, but shhhh... it's a secret! ;) If anyone has a good source for package Disney deals we would appreciate knowing about them. I'd love to be able to stay in a Disney hotel this time around, but from what we've found so far it's not looking too promising price wise.

These two pages are from the special candy exhibit we saw at the Virigina Science Museum:
credits: Candy Coated by Gina Miller and Natalie Braxton; Foam Stamped Alpha by Jessica Bolton; Grunge City alpha stamps by Michelle Godin; frame cluster by Nancy Comelab; fonts: Horse Puke, CK Becky

Science City in Kansas City Union Station was one of the funnest science centers we went to. I love the optical art section. I thought I had taken a few more pictures in that area, but I guess the quarters were just too cramped as I only found the one of Beth standing on the sideways staircase.
credits: Grunge City by Michelle Godin; layout template by Jen Caputo; fonts: TXT Abrasive

the twins were excited to get to ride a sky bike too at Science City- they weren't quite big enough for the one at the Franklin Science Museum in Philadelphia that Bryce and Mark rode.
credits: Grunge City by Michelle Godin; Smarties Templates collection 5 by Teresa Ferguson; fonts: TXT Abrasive

and finally a two page LO with pics from the VA aquarium in Norfolk.
credits: In the Sea by Gina Miller and Laura Bratcher; frame clusters by Nancy Comelab; fonts: CK Becky

Sunday we went to church, and then afterwards went furniture shopping. My dear hubby finally admitted that the chairs he has not finished yet and the table he plans to build are not going to get done any time soon. We found one set in all of the stores in town that went with the pieces he has done so far, so we went with that and bought a table and 4 chairs. Hopefully these pieces will last long enough for him to get the rest of the chairs finished- the wood is cut and just needs to be put together and finished. In the evening my mom came over and watched the kids so that we could go out to dinner by ourselves. We went to the Olive Garden and enjoyed our meal in peace and quiet- thanks Mama! I had the lasagna rollatini with chicken, and a piece of chocolate mouse cake that I shared with DH. They were both delicious.

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

Blogger Robin said...

I am glad you had a nice birthday and got so much done at the crop! I still love seeing pictures from your cross country adventure! :)

5:26 PM  
Blogger Meredith said...

BEAUTIFUL layouts, Melinda! Sorry to hear about your ankle, that's no fun. But at least you got some peace and quiet out of it... silver lining? :) Happy Belated Birthday! Love the new table!

7:22 PM  
Blogger Ramie :-) said...

Happy belated birthday!!! The table is gorgeous! Love the layouts too!

11:13 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home