Wednesday, February 06, 2008

Wednesday stuff

ha! so not an original title LOL I got one of the boxes I was waiting for a couple of days ago. My birthday present from my sister arrived. She got me the Puffer Flash by Gary Fong. Thanks, Megan!

I like it- very easy to use, it doesn't interfere with the camera function, and it makes my pictures look better. Here's some examples:
It is gorgeous with portraits- the lighting is much more even and skin tones are not washed out. Brenna has horrible red eye on the top photo, but her beautiful eyes need no correcting when I used the Puffer. As for 'still-life' pictures, it does seem to depend on the background and what sort of look you want. I actually like the brighter photo I got of the snowmen without the puffer better as they really are white and not tan ;) the background on the valentine projects is closer to white without the puffer, but the projects themselves are washed out- using the puffer helped in this case. This is definitely something I will be using a lot since I would rather not have the bulk of a bigger flash attached to the top of my camera 95% of the time.

ankle update: it is doing OK. I can walk without hardly a limp. It is still beautiful shades of purple, blue, and yellow - I'll spare you a visual LOL- and I can tell it is still 'injured.' It doesn't bother me much, but there is a slight ache most of the time at the edge of my subconscious. If I am up on it a while it will start to hurt more, and there is certainly no twisting of it allowed. I will be wearing the brace for quite a while yet, I'm sure. All in all it is much better than I thought it would be a week later.

Here are a couple of pages I finished up yesterday:
journaling: Sarah often comes to me and says that she likes something- that means that she would like to eat it, please. Today after requesting macaroni & cheese, she stated several times “I eat cheese” as she proceeded to do just that. February 4, 2008
credits: by Weeds and Wildflowers at PrimaHybrid.com- Cherishing Every Moment papers, elements, alpha and addon, Stitching ABCs Collection, Itty Bitty Alpha; LO template by Mish Gasser from the January08 PlainDigitalWrapper Designer Collab; fonts: CK Becky

and a hybrid LO I did with Jess Gordon's Flower Girl blog party template, and for the challenge to lift her gorgeous LO at PH- yes, I'm late with it but at least I got it done ;)
digital credits: Citrus Punk and The Sweet Life papers by Gina Miller, template by Jessica Gordon, Cherishing Every Moment Alpha by Weeds and Wildflowers, by Kim Christensen: staple, Ole Style Glitter alpha, teeny alpha stickers, tiny tags, stars from Starry Eyed kit in the RAD collection; font: CK Becky
paper credits: wire by Crafts, Etc., pink Got Flowers? by Prima (#901059), Glitter glue by Sulyn, pop dots by All Night Media, colored staples from Target
and some detail pics:

Ok, off to see if I can get another project started before it is time to make lunch. Brenna and Sarah are actually sitting and being quiet instead of running around the house making a mess. I'm glad they play well with each other most of the time, but as you can see in the LO above Sarah's specialty these days is pulling everything out and dumping it on the floor. Don't you just love two-year olds?

Labels: , , ,

4 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Melinda I love your layouts...especially the hybrid one! Those extras add so much dimension to the page. Glad to hear your ankle is doing better also. Hugs to you!

2:19 PM  
Blogger Name: Megan Rodeffer said...

Glad to see you got the Puffer Flash and that you are already using it! I love getting people what they want... I look forward to seeing many cool layouts with it! Love you! -Megan

8:38 PM  
Blogger jane said...

congrats on you bday present!! jealous over here, lol! i had no idea you were laid up! i hope you feel better soon!! I have never seen your hybrid work before, and i have to tell you i just love it! you were really well chosen for Prima Hybrid, :)

10:52 PM  
Blogger Meredith said...

cool flash! i LOVE the toy bucket layout! we have the same "issue" in our house. we don't have clothes in the laundry baskets either!

11:40 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home