Sunday, February 17, 2008

been sick

I caught the nasty cold bug that is going around everywhere over a week ago, and it sure slowed me down a lot this last week. It's one of those bugs that doesn't make you feel bad enough that you have to stay in bed all of the time, but it doesn't leave you a lot of energy to do much either. So, I've been reading, napping, and just trying to keep my head above the water in the inbox of my email program. I was supposed to be in charge of the nursery at church this morning, but had to bow out of that since no one wanted to catch what I have.
In the little bit of time I did actually feel like working on something I did a couple of projects- one of the Pink Paislee make and take paper projects I ordered a couple of weeks ago:

and this adorable bracket album by one of my fellow designers at Scrapdish, Jill D-Zines. I'm very pleased with how it came out, but as usual the pictures just don't do all of the details on it justice. It is kind of nice to have something you can actually hold in your hands and look at when you are finished, but I wish there was an easy way to clone it since I'm only doing one of these- I see that as one of the major disadvantages to paper scrapping ;)
digital credits: Loving You, and heart gem from Cherish Every Moment by Weeds and Wildflowers at PrimaHybrid.com; Bracket-Album Templates by Jill D-Zines at scrapdish.com; Merry Memories alpha by Bren Taylor Boone; fonts: CK Becky, BlackJack
paper credits:
Prima: Sprites 2 (#517250), blue floral embellishment (#508821), yellow floral embellishment (#130244), Rue 88 flowers (#517267), Forever Flowers No. 4 (#505882), Burgundy Hydrangea Petals (#170554)
other: Glue Dots, Mootsie Bookbinding glue, Glitter glue by Sulyn, Poinsettia Vendetta by Imaginisce, brads by Making Memories, colored staple by Target, Loose Leaf Ring by Acco, ribbons by Offray and Robert Stanley for HobbyLobby, misc: rhinestone gems, string, chipboard, artificial flowers and leaves


and in an attempt to occupy the kiddos yesterday afternoon while we stayed home yet again, we got out the watercolor paints. Here's Sarah making her version of a masterpiece:
credits: smootzy frames by Nancy Rowe Janitz and paint strokes by Michelle Coleman
She is a believer in Brenna's painting philosophy that more colors are definitely better, and the end result of a brown muddy mess is beautiful ;)

Yesterday evening we ventured out of the house to meet my mom at the City Auditorium to hear the Southern Colorado Hand Bell festival concert. It was something to hear 300+ handbell ringers all playing together. They had a nice variety of music styles and because we had plenty of Color Wonder markers and coloring pages we actually got to stay and hear the whole thing.

We watched several movies this weekend too- Game Plan, No Reservations, and Becoming Jane. All good flicks, I'd recommend them if you are looking for something to watch.

Labels: , , ,

3 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

You've been busy yet again Melinda! Your bracket albums came out really cute, and I love the page with Sarah painting...nice paint strokes to highlight her artwork. :-)

Hope you get back to normal soon!

2:30 PM  
Blogger Robin said...

I love your album! How cool! :) Looks like you've been busy again. Hope you're feeling better too!

4:04 PM  
Blogger Ramie :-) said...

Sorry you've been down and out with this nasty bug. I'm on day 4 of it, and yeah, like you said....not enough energy to do much, but not bad enough to keep me in bed all the time either. The cough has started here and I'm hoping it doesn't spread (the kids already had it). Hope you are feeling better very soon!

Love the layouts and projects!

Ramie

6:26 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home