Tuesday, February 26, 2008

justified text in PSE!! whoo hoo!!

Ok, so it is the little things in life that really make me happy :) I love justified text, and it has always irked me that you couldn't do it in PSE, as it isn't one of the options given with the text tool- only left, right and centered. I did notice on certain LO templates that had justified text boxes that it still worked just fine so I knew the capability was there I just didn't know how to get it.
So, I'm getting the dreaded 'you are running out of space on your HD' message while trying to save a two page LO I've been working on all day, and I decided to clean out my inbox a little. I came across a tips email that a friend sent about a month ago and I never really looked at. One part had a few keyboard shortcuts, and low and behold there was a keystroke for getting justified text. I gave it a try and it works in PSE6! and I would hazzard a guess that it probably works in PSE4 and 5 as well, since I could get justified text on those LO templates when I was scrapping with PSE4.
Here's what you do:
have your text layer selected, and grab the text tool. Highlight the text you want justified and use the keyboard shortcut Ctrl+Shift+J
simple and easy and you have beautiful justified text! yeah!
(many belated thanks for that little email, Raji!)

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home