Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Let's go to the Circus

... or at least remember when we did several years ago ;) Birgit Kerr and Alana McCarthy came out with this huge and gorgeous collab kit called "Carousel" at scrapbookgraphics. All of Alana's pieces are hand painted by her- boy, I wish I could draw like that! I love the large carousel and will have to figure out how to use that on a page too. For this layout though, I just stuck with the circus themed elements. I've looked at the photos from this trip to the Shriners Circus back in 2003 many times and never could come up with a satisfactory way to scrap them. I only had my little Fuji digital camera back then and so the pictures aren't very big, and well they just weren't that pretty to look at with the empty bleachers of the Penrose arena behind the acts. I extracted several of the performers from the photos and put them in this fun little layout. I like the 'miniature' effect this has.journaling: Bryce got some free tickets to the Shriners Circus at school, so as a treat we all went.
The kids were amazed at the jugglers, animals, high-wire acts and motorcyclists. As the show progressed dark clouds rolled in and rain began to fall, but the show must go on- and it did!
credits: Carousel by Birgit Kerr and Alana McCarthy; raindrops from The Weather by SussieM Designs; fonts: CK Becky

Labels: , ,

4 Comments:

Blogger Katherine Lent said...

It's wonderful! Love the miniature look too. Really great!!!

1:50 PM  
Blogger Priscilla said...

Melinda, this layout is fantastic -
(I wish I had half your creativity!)
I would never have thought to do this with your photos, its the perfect solution!
(lol, your big kids look so little in these photos!)

2:43 PM  
Blogger Ramie :-) said...

WOW! Thats awesome Melinda!

8:16 PM  
Blogger clc said...

Your circus layout is stunning!

12:07 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home