Saturday, June 20, 2009

Layouts For Sarah

Anytime there is a picture up my computer screen, Sarah has to come over and ask if that is her. Even photos that look nothing like her, she still has to ask which I think is just too funny. I’ve done ABC books for all of the kids for their third birthday, but I just didn’t get one done for Sarah last year for several reasons. She gets out all of the other kids books and pretends, or maybe just wishes, that the child in all of the photos is her. I’m working on her book slowly, she just doesn’t know it. I plan to have it done for her 4th birthday, as I have to squeeze working on it in between all of the other assignments I have to get done. I’m sure I can have it done by then ;)  I’ve actually scrapped her more than any of the other kids, but the layouts are scattered all through the family albums and we don’t get those out all that much. I guess I need to do that more often for her. In the meantime, here are a couple of layouts that are just for Sarah.

Sarah attended her very first dance class on Monday, June 15. She did very well and had lots of fun. I don’t think she was ready for class to end. I was a bad mom and forgot to take her tap shoes though (Brenna's being in the bag already threw me off), so she had to wear her ballet shoes while everyone else was making glorious noise with their shiny black tap shoes. She was a trooper and didn't pout but a second, going back into class and following along anyway. I had to let her wear her shoes at home for over an hour to make it up for it (usually not allowed since we don't want the wood floors ruined).

Sarah_1stdanceclass_6-15-09

credits: Ballet Slippers by Kate Hadfield and Jacque Larsen, Mismatch Type Alpha by Jacque Larsen, at the-LilyPad; Stitching with flowers from Kaylee's Kadleidoscope by Flergs at scrapbookgraphics; P52 Week 25 template by Tracy Blankenship at funkyplaygrounddesigns.com; In the Pink by Kate Hadfield (blog freebie); fonts: CK Becky

Sarah_Pockets_4-8-09

journaling: This was Sarah’s favorite dress for one main reason- it had pockets she could tuck her small toys in and take them with her wherever she went. Polly Pockets and My Little Ponies were usually the favorites, and Tinkerbell too.
credits: Sprung by Creashens at catscrap; LO template by Janet Phillips; Plastic Pockets by Holliewood Studios at oscraps; paper piecing set 9 by Michelle Filo at LittleDreamerDesigns; Tropicana by Flergs at scrapbookgraphics; Date It by Amber Clegg at scrapartist; fonts: CK Becky

Labels: , , ,

1 Comments:

Blogger clc said...

It just doesn't seem possible that Sarah is so grown up already. I love all the layouts but especially the one with her pocket dress!

8:49 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home