Wednesday, September 02, 2009

Kristen is getting married

My good friend Kristen finally met the right guy and is getting married in October. We celebrated the upcoming wedding with her at a bridal shower this last weekend. Her friend Sarah threw the party, and Sarah’s husband made all of the food for it. Oh my, it was all delicious- three different kinds of quiche, strawberry spinach salad, potatoes, stuffed peppers,  chicken salad croissants, chocolate cupcakes and then a chocolate fountain. yummy! There was a champagne punch too that I was told was wonderful, but I didn’t try that. I’ll just take the bride’s and several guests word for it. Beth and Carissa attended the shower with me too- their first bridal shower experience. They had a dance lesson that afternoon that had been previously scheduled and in order to do both they had to come with me. They’ve known Kristen since they were little tykes, so it was fun to bring them along.

Kristen_bridalshower_8-29-0

credits: Impressions of Change, Impressions of Heritage (alpha by Flergs), Lace No 4 by Manuella Zimmerman; Template 86 by Yin Designs (modified);
fonts: CK Tea Party, Papyrus

Kristen_bridalshower-1 Kristen_bridalshower-2

and here is what I got Kristen: a couple of lacy things from Victoria’s Secret along with a little extra on a gift card so she could actually go get something from there she really wants as I had no idea of proper size and what-not ;) and since we’ve been scrapping buddies for a long time, I had to get her some digi-scrapping goodies too.  I made a coordinating card, CD envelope, layout with a photo of the happy couple. I printed the previews for the kits I bought for her and tucked them inside the envelope with the CD so that she could see what the kits looked like.
2009_0828_bridalshowergifts

credits: All You Need is Love and Playing with Overlays 2 by Natali Designs, Urban Grunge Solo Template by Hillary Heidleberg (layout), CD-DVD Envelope Digicraft Template by Melinda Staley at scrapdish.com; paper flower by Prima and pearl
font: Edwardian Script

here are a little closer looks at the different pieces in the photo above. The scrapbook page, which I made into a quick page for her as well so that she could use it for another photo if she wanted. I only had the one photo of her and Kevin together from Thanksgiving, so that is what I used in it.
Kristen&Kevin_11-27-08-450p
the front and inside of the card:
Kristen-weddingshowercard-w
and the CD envelope, which I added a little paper flower with a pearl center to:Kristen-weddingshowerDVDenv  

Congratulations, Kristen!

Labels: , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home