Monday, November 23, 2009

It’s Beginning to Look a Lot Like Christmas

Haul out the holly, put up the tree before my spirit falls again,
fill up the stockings, we may be rushing things, but deck the halls again now..….
My favorite version of this song is the version by the New Christy Minstrels that was on one of my parents Christmas LPs. This one is pretty close though.

TDC had the dress rehearsal for the holiday shows a couple of weekends ago.

Brenna_TDCXmasRehearsal11-1
credits: Countryside Christmas by Rosey Posey at scrapbookgraphics; Template 112 (modified) by Yin Designs; Nutcracker by me; fonts: CK Holiday Spirit,
TXT Santa Font

Brenna_TDCXmasRehearsal09-1 Brenna_TDCXmasRehearsal09-2  B&C_TDCXmasRehearsal11-14-0
from scrapbookgraphics.com: Bella Joy by Randi Oh, Painted Edges by Flergs ; Template 23 (Modified) by Yin Designs; 'Winter' alpha from Blizzard by Rachel Dickson at scrapdish.com; 'wonderland' alpha from Frosted Flakes by Dani Mogstad at sweetshoppedesigns.com; Snowman from Wintry by Jessica Bolton;
fonts: Ziggy Zoe

B&C_TrueFriendsDuet_11-14-0
Journaling: Beth and Carissa performed their duet in front of a real audience for the first time at the holiday show dress rehearsal. They did well and are looking forward to their performances in December.
credits: Alegria by Michelle Filo and Boutique Cute Dolls at LittleDreamerDesigns.com; DSD template by Kate Hadfield (blog freebie)
fonts: LB Ali

and I made a poster for the holiday shows that the kids will be doing at one of the local elementary schools. There is a show during the school day for the kids and then one in the evening a few days later during a PTA meeting, which is open to the public.
TDC-HolidayShow09-v1 
credits: One Magic Night by Flergs and Alana McCarthy at scrapbookgraphics.com; Template 15 by Yin Designs (modified); fonts: TXT Santa Font

We found out last Thursday night that Mark’s mom is in the hospital again, and Mark decided to get his part of the Christmas decorations up before he left Sunday morning to go visit her. It’s a little early for us to decorate, but I suppose with Thanksgiving being only a few days away it’s not too soon. One of the radio stations I listen to occasionally is playing holiday music all of the time already. So, the kids and I spent most of Sunday afternoon and evening getting the house spiffed up for the holidays.  It’s nice to see the twinkling lights, it surely does help lift the spirits!  I had to buy all new light strings for the tree as all of the ones we've used in the past were on the blink with obvious wiring problems- one end of the string comes on and the other end doesn't, or they just wouldn't come on at all. That burns me up as two of the strings we bought new last year. Evidently twinkling lights for the tree aren't in vogue currently as I had a hard time finding the kind I wanted. Most everything is up now. I didn’t find the ceramic Christmas tree I made that reminds me of the one Grandma Doris had; I’m sure it is buried in the storage room somewhere and I just missed the box when I was hauling things out. Oh well, next year I’ll find it. I think it is fun to rotate the decorations a bit.

Here are some photos:
 2009_1121_Misc-48 2009_1121_Misc-50 2009_1121_Misc-52 2009_1122_ChristmasDecorations-11 2009_1122_ChristmasDecorations-17 2009_1122_Misc-73 2009_1122_Misc-902009_1122_Misc-89  2009_1122_Misc-93
2009_1123_Christmas-32009_1123_Christmas-6  2009_1123_Christmas-4 2009_1123_Christmas-5

Labels: , , , , , , , , ,

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Love all the layouts, Melinda! Perfect kit choices for each one! The girls look adorable in their antlers! :)

Wonderful decorations; you certainly go all out! :) We haven't hauled our Christmas stuff out of the attic yet. Not sure where we're going to set up our ginormous tree this year, since we now have a large filing cabinet where we normally put it.

5:47 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home