Monday, November 16, 2009

Feeling Better Finally

This weekend was a very busy one, or at least it seems like it went by really quickly! LOL

I think I can finally say that I'm over the flu or cold, or whatever it was. Yesterday was the first day where I wasn't coughing much, and I didn't have to take medication to get to that state. I had a decent amount of energy all day too. In between running the kids around to where they needed to go last week, I sat and scrapped and tried not to cough on my computer too much.

Saturday we went to my mom's house in the morning to get her trailer covered for the winter and do some other little things around the house she needed help with. The kids had fun playing with the new Rusty dog. We'd only seen him once before since she got him. Then, it was home to get the oldest 3 girls ready to go to the Christmas dress rehearsal for dance groups. I had fun taking pictures of lots of different groups and soloists and had tons of photos to wade through in Lightroom after we got home.

A big snow storm moved in Saturday afternoon and with freezing temps overnight and all day Sunday, we just decided to play hookie from church and not try to rush out the door to get there on the slippery roads. We had a nice, relaxing day puttering around the house and taking care of some of the tasks that needed doing- practicing instruments, working on the twins' Egypt projects, baking holiday cookies, laundry, etc. Of course I had grand visions of how much I was going to get done that didn't materialize, but that is OK. The cake balls I made took most of the day. That probably had something to do with me starting out with a fresh pumpkin that had to be roasted and pureed, pumpkin cake baked, crumbled and mixed with frosting, chilled and then the whole dipping in candy bark part which was a huge mess. I didn't even finish dipping them all because I was tired of it and my bark was not cooperating any longer. I'll finish them up another day LOL My hat goes off to the Bakerella lady who makes such beautiful ones all of the time, because mine don't look anything like hers-at least they don't have to be pretty to taste good :P Mark spent a lot of his day trying to get some nasty program off of the computer the kids use and trying to figure out why the Norton anti-virus program wasn't working, which allowed the rather large list of nasties on there in the first place.

Brenna&Sarah_Sisters_10-24-  credits: Simple Pleasures and Simple Pleasures Addon by Michelle Filo and One Bright Spot at LittleDreamerDesigns; Loosely Labeled (cloth sisters tag) by Katie Pertiet at DesignerDigitals; fonts: SP Wonderful Wendy

Melinda_BigBigWorld  A list of many of the places I've traveled to and some of the places I'd still like to go see.
credits: Guy Thing by Dianne Rigdon and Aja Abney, and Guy Thing with Flair at scrapartist; Jumpers 1-16 Collection by Crystal Livesay at scrapbookgraphics
fonts: TXT Scribbletti

BroAdMoorChristmas 
credits: Victorian Christmas by Microferk and Saxon Holt at scrapbook-elements.com; Leslie's Jumpers by Crystal Livesay at scrapbookgraphics;
fonts: Vivaldi

doublecheesemac&cheese 
One of our favorites, and it is so easy too!
credits: Recipe Book Page Kit by Ruby Rynne at scrapbookgraphics
fonts: Typewriter

EthelLocke 
My great-grandmother, Ethel.
credits: everything available at scrapbokgraphics:
Impressions of Traditions by Scrapbookgraphics Designers; Jumper 11 from Jumpers 1-16 Collection by Crystal Livesay; bird from Rejuvenation by Veronica Spriggs
fonts: Natural Script

KathrynElayneMackie A friend had her beautiful baby girl at the end of October.
credits: Autumn Dreamscape by Pixel Works at scrapartist.com
fonts: Times and Times Again, Susie's Hand

Scrapbookgraphics has a new template designer, and I just love her templates! I have a hard time doing white space LOs and her fabulous templates make it a lot easier for me. Check out Crystal’s shop if you are looking for help with white space or just something new to try!

Sarah_JustYou&Me 
journaling: It’s just you and me now during the day, Sarah. I have to say that it is different with just one child at home; it is certainly a lot quieter! You are lots of fun and I enjoy spending time with just you, exploring new and old things and places. I know I tend to get a little focused on getting things done that I need to do sometimes, but you remind me that it is important to enjoy these fleeting moments as they won’t last forever. Love you, Sarah!
credits: everything from scrapbookgraphics.com:
My Family Tree by Line Designs; Worn Label Alpha and A Fine Mess of Grids by Birgit Kerr; Sketch Collection 31 by Jen Caputo; Painted Edges by Flergs; white paper from White Wedding and Date Drops by Ellie Lash (retired)
fonts: SP You've Got Mail

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home