Saturday, January 23, 2010

Art Journal LOs – Week 4

One of the assignments in an art journaling book that I bought for inspiration (so this particular page is not related specifically to the AJC) is to scrap your inner critic and then tell him off! LOL Some of my favorite scrapping music lately are the soundtracks to Glee, and when I heard the song "Don’t Rain on My Parade" one night and saw the whimsical animals in Tangie's Journal Anthology kit I knew just what I was going to do to tell my inner critic to quit being so judgmental about my artistic abilities. I can scrap what and however I want as long as it makes me happy, and if it is singing, dancing and juggling farm animals, so be it!
AJC_Parade-web 
credits: at scrapbookgraphics: Painted Art Journal Backgrounds, Big Top, and Ultimate Staple Collection by Maya, Journal Anthology, Ultimate Art Doll kit, and Marker Doodle Doo by Tangie Baxter, Clouds and rain from Heavenly by Ztampf!, Golden Accents by Veronica Spriggs ; Fishbowl by Scrappin' Cop; Water splash from Sea Oh Sea by Jofia; umbrellas: orange from Summer Solstice by New Life Dreams & Edeline Marta at shabbypickledesigns, black from Scaredeedoo by Irene Alexeeva at scraporchard, red/white tiny umbrellas from The Big Balloon and blue/yellow from Rough to the Touch by Lorie Davison at scrapbookgraphics; Wood and wood stars from Ragtag Cowboy by Dani Mogstad at SweetShoppeDesigns; Wood Cirlces from Amy by Tania Shaw at FunkyPlaygroundDesigns; Wood button from Outnumbered Girl by Jessica Bolton; Ol' MacDoodles Farm by Patricia Christensen at WeedsandWildflowers; font: Horse Puke

This next one just came about because the digital designers are starting to put out the Valentine/lovey-dovey type kits and that got me to thinking about DH and I’s courtship and how much I loved playing in the orchestra and singing with him at church while we dated. During the months of our engagement when he was in Germany and I was still in Pullman, one of the things he did was record a tape of himself playing and singing his favorite songs and then he sent it to me in the mail. I still have that tape tucked away in a safe place ;)AJC_LoveSong-web 
credits: Altered 365 by Something Blue Studios; at scrapartist: Reflections of Me by Christine Honsinger, Set My Soul on Fire and Autumn Dreamscape by Pixelworks, Stamped Hearts 2 by Amber Clegg ; fonts: MA Sexy

and the week 4 art inspiration for the AJC is the art of Traci Bautista, and her wonderful use of color. A couple of the pieces shown on her blog that I loved on first sight were pages with brightly colored and stitched hearts, so I had fun duplicating the essence of them in my main piece for the week. Sarah shorten the phrase ‘I love you’ to just ‘love you’ these days, so that is where the wording came from.
2010_0123_AJC-Hearts-webAJC_Hearts-details-web  digital supply credits: Art Journal Caravan Provisions {Parcel #4} and Scratchy Paint by Tangie Baxter at scrapbookgraphics.com; at scrapartist: Stamped Hearts by Amber Clegg and Fraying Fabric Templates by Rachel Young;     
paper supply credits: Ranger Distress Ink in Dusty Concord, Glimmer Mist in Pearl, Moon Glow's Starburst Stains in Black Orchid Silver, muslin, thread, Marvy Silver Glitter Decofabric pen

I designed the main background on the computer and then had fun embellishing it with real stitching, ink and glitter mist sprays, paint, and glittery silver pen doodles. I was reorganizing the hybrid supplies on my scrap table Friday and came across an empty Pepperidge Farm Pirouette cookie tin that I had saved- probably for use on a Prima project at some point. I decided to use it for a pen tin and opened it up to find that the corrugated paper they use as packing material was still inside. On a whim I decided to keep it and put in the box of goodies I’m saving for possible use in my art journal. I was happy to get to making use of it right away today and had fun dressing it up for my heart. I was hoping for it to be a bit more purple on the muslin fabric and corrugated heart, but oh well, that’s the way it goes since the shimmer mist stuff I bought a while back and finally got out to use wasn’t the color I was expecting. I also used a bit of Tattered Angels Pearl Glitter Mist on the background paper and oh boy, is that stuff pretty! It doesn’t take but a squirt or two to give everything a nice shimmer.

Yes, I know I skipped posting about the week 3 assignment… I was very busy last week sewing a hippie dance costume for Brenna and while I got it started, it isn’t finished quite yet. I will post it later when I’m done with it!

Labels: , ,

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

These are so cool, Melinda! Sounds like you're having loads of fun doing them too! :)

9:59 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home