Monday, January 25, 2010

Recent Scrapbook Layouts

This LO was inspired by a cute little Valentine decor canvas on an easel that I bought at Target a few weeks ago.

iloveyou_8-29-09 
credits: at scrapartist.com: Set My Soul On Fire by Pixel Works, Shmootzy Alpha 1 by Nancie Rowe Janitz; fonts: Snowshoe

We had our 4th annual year-in-review layout exchange among my group of local scrapping friends Friday night at our monthly crop. Funny story: I was running a bit behind and didn’t get the layout done until Friday afternoon, so at 2 o’clock before the crop/exchange that evening I was uploading my pages to the Copy Store to have them printed. I got a call about an hour later saying they were ready and I was able to pick them up on the way to TDC for dance class. Once I got to Trinity later that night, I find Bonnie on the phone with the gal at the copy shop telling her that Becky is on the way with her files to have them printed too and that she can send her prints with Becky- it’s just a few minutes before closing at this point. After Bonnie gets off the phone she tells me how when she went in to the store to drop off her files earlier the gal starts to ask her what sort of paper she wants it on, etc. and then she says ‘the lady this afternoon wanted them on glossy cardstock’, and Bonnie replies that yes, she will take whatever Melinda wanted LOL! This was the same gal that printed up my huge pre-Christmas order in December, so I think she has my preferences down at this point ;)

Here’s my LO that I gave to them:
YIR2009
journaling: 2009 was made up of lots of little things that kept us busy nearly every day. Bryce continued playing trumpet in Jazz band. He fills his spare time perfecting his gaming skills. Beth, Carissa, and Brenna continued their dance educations in several disciplines joining the competitive companies at The Dance Center. Sarah finally got to start dancing too over the summer. Beth & Carissa helped their school’s Battle of the Books team to their best-ever finish in the city-wide competition. Melinda played oboe for the Steve Green concert in April and stretched her photography skills with the Project 365 (a photo a day) during the year. We spent time with Grandma and explored some of the local sights in Colorado including the Great Sand Dunes, Picketwire Canyon, and the mountains in the fall. Mark wrote lots of programs for analyzing the GPS capabilities throughout the world.
credits: Every Life Has A Story, Chapter 3 by TheDigiChick.com designers; Template 167 by Yin Designs; staple by Jessica Bolton; fonts: Snowshoe, CK Journaling Condensed

YIR2009-1YIR2009-2

This one is for the ‘Natural Wonders’ playday on the SBG blog today. My most favorite nature photos from last year.

WonderfulWorld2009 
credits: at scrapbookgraphics: It's Only Natural Bundle  by Veronica Spriggs, Project 365 Jumpers  by Crystal Livesay; globe from Guy Thing by Dianne Rigdon and Aja Abney at scrapartist
fonts: CK Carbon Copy, CK Becky

Sarah_PlayWithMe 
journaling: Sarah loves to play games, and often comes to me during the day carrying one and saying “play with me!” it’s not really a question, more of a forceful request. It’s easier to take a few minutes and play the game with her than to say no. Who can resist those big eyes and grin? not Mama, and she knows it!!
credits: by Tania Shaw at FunkyPlaygroundDesigns: Layered up in You vol. 5, Just For Fun 1, Funky Sampler Digital Scrapbooking Day, Puffy Stickers Primary Alphas ;
fonts: Jayne Print

Labels: , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home