Tuesday, April 25, 2006

this and that

Brenna is pretty much recovered now. She was feeling better by dinner last night and was able to eat a little. Today she was following me all over the house talking up a storm, and not wanting to take a nap, so I would definately say she is feeling better!

I got a fun surprise email late last night, but I'm not sure I can share just yet so I will have to leave it at that cryptic remark for the time being. I'm awful, aren't I? LOL

I am going to share a little of the things I've been cooking up on the computer the last couple of days though.

You can't see much of the details there, but it gives you a little bit of an idea anyway. The top row is part of the kit for next month's digicraft chat and challenge, and the bottom row is, of course, from the secret agent kit. I LOVE how the building papers for that came out. not sure if I'm happy with the footprint paper yet. Something just isn't there visually for me when I look at the whole paper. I like the idea, but I just don't think I have the execution quite right yet.

I've been in have to get my RAKs CT assignments done mode again since the beginning of May is creeping up on me much too quickly. this month's digicraft is going to be cards and an envelope or two to go with, so hopefully that will come together quickly. I am collecting info for the newsletter tutorial. I know once I finally get it started it won't be too hard to write, but for some reason making myself sit down and just start doing it has always been the difficult part.

and to at least put up a few pics from the big birthday bash last weekend:

Secret Agent Bryce
All of the kids were fingerprinted, measured and pics taken for posterity at the beginnning of the party

Bryce had been waiting (not so) patiently since after school on Friday (his actual birthday) to open his family gifts, so we did that right after breakfast on Saturday. Of everything he got I would have to say that the miniature golf game has been the biggest hit.

the finished cake. Can you figure out the code?

My favorite part of the party was when they were all sitting down and being quiet. Occupying them with the packet of code info and examples was an idea that worked really well! they enjoyed it and I had a few minutes to work on getting a couple of the other activities ready to go.

The obstacle course was the biggest hit with the kids. I recruited Mark at the last minute to help get that put together and he came up with some great ideas for it. In this picture, Aaron is just starting- he had the fastest time at about a minute and a half. Beth timed everyone with the stopwatch she got at the library from the reading to teh dogs program earlier that week.
I'll have to go into greater detail about the obstacle course another time because I am ready for bed.

and his favorite presents from the birthday gifts were probably the new Bionicle figures.

and finally, a LO a did for Amy's Spring Cleaning challenge on Sunday. Gina Miller's Build Your Own Bulletin Board kit is really fun to play with!

journaling: Events in April
2nd- Brenna turns 3
15th- coloring eggs, baking easter cookies & Kristen’s belly dancing recital
18th- Sarah has started sitting up by herself
20th- second grade play
22nd- Bryce’s secret agent birthday party
- finished Mom’s Advice album
- Mark starts the new terrace building in the backyard
credits: Build Your Own Bulletin Board kit and addon by Gina Miller; pushpins and tape by Black Squirrel Designs; calendar template by 455rocket at pbase; fonts: FG Amelia

2 Comments:

Blogger Robin said...

How cool! Looks like so much fun!

7:27 PM  
Blogger Priscilla said...

That looks like it was such a cool party, I love the secret agent sneak previews and I see your blog header is styling a secret agent look too! - how cool!

2:24 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home