Friday, April 21, 2006

a bunch of misc stuff

Here's what the progress on the back yard looks like so far. He's got a few more bricks put down but it is still going to be a while before it is all done. I really don't like having a hole in my back fence, but I know it is much easier on him since he doesn't have to carry the bricks nearly as far.

Sarah sitting and digging around in her basket of toys- this is the picture I mentioned a few days ago ;)
Bryce indulging me and posing for a shot for the spy kit... not sure how I will use it though.
and a couple of new LOs
*eating rice cereal, apples, peas, bananas, sweet potatoes, greenbeans, carrots, pears, peaches, turkey, chicken, and anything she can sweet-talk someone out of
*rolls from stomach to back
*rolled from her back to her stomach for the first time 4/4
*ticklish on tummy & under arms
*can sit by herself briefly, with lower back support for longer periods
*puts everything in her mouth
*toes are the best toys!
*wearing mostly 6m size clothes
*has to have Mama in sight all of the time, or she starts crying
*is distracted from nursing very easily by things going on around her

credits: Hide and Seek by Dani Mogstad; paint frame and zigzag stitching from Sweet Treats embellishments; button stitch from Clownin' Around embellishemnts pack; LO design from Scrapbooks, Etc magazine brochure; fonts: tweed

I can finally post this since it was done for the RAKscraps April newsletter and that has been released now ;)

journaling: Sarah just loves her feet and toes. She kicks off her socks all of the time, and it isn't uncommon to find her with a toe or two in her mouth when she is laying on the floor.
credits: Pop Star by Robin Cabana at Scrapdish; ribbon knot made using tutorial by Jan Bolton; inked edge and chalked edge actions by Atomic Cupcake; fonts: MT Curlz and Comic Sans MS

journaling: Brenna saw this little car at the MOPS garage sale last year and it was instant love. She sat in it the whole time we were at the garage sale, except for brief periods when she would share it with the other kids; but the instant they go out, she would get back in. She wouldn’t get out when I tried to leave until I agreed to buy it for her. I could barely fit it in the van to get it home. She loves it though, and I think the best part for her is that her brother and sisters are too big to fit inside, so it is all hers!
credits: A Little Country Chick by Tracy Blankenship available at Digital Freebies and ScrappinDigiKreations; A Little Country Chick Doodle Kit by Tracy Blankenship; staple from Little Gentlemen kit by Tracy Blankenship; LO design from Scrapbooks, Etc magazine brochure
fonts: Tangerine, Tweed

OK- I've got to get up and go make a birthday cake and pick up a few more things around the house. I have lots of laundry (try 5 loads worth) to fold and get put away too. I'm hoping Sarah will take a nap this afternoon and let me get some things done- she hasn't been sleeping as well at night. She has a slight cold and runny nose and I'm wondering if that has anything to do with it. I just hope it doesn't turn into an ear infection. She is sitting in my lap right now and making life difficult by pulling open the desk drawer and reaching in to grab things and then grabbing and yanking on the trackball cord. great= now she's got a ruler. I'm off- have a great day and weekend everyone!

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Love those layouts Melinda, they are just too cute! And that is a big hole in your fence!!

8:16 PM  
Blogger Tracy Blankenship said...

awesommmme layouts! And though the hole may be a bit of a nuisance...it will make it easier and quicker, lol!

2:53 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home