Sunday, April 16, 2006

'sneak' peek ;)

So, did you notice the new header? ;) I have so many birthday party pics from Bryce's birthdays that aren't scrapped yet because I never can find the right things to go with them. So, this year I am just making my own! The header up there has a few of the things I've been cooking up for the secret agent kit the last few days.

I went to the book store on Friday and found a book on codes for the party. I was originally thinking I would come up with some stuff on my own- everybody knows a few simple codes, right? morse, semaphor, pig latin, alphabet shift, etc. I'm sure you can think of a few more. I just came to the conclusion I just didn't have time to tackle that. In one of the book club order forms Bryce brought home last month was the book on the left. Since I missed the order time frame, I had to go find it at the store. What a cool book though! It throws in a bit of history along with the info about how to generate and decode ciphers from the simple to the more complex. Great illustrations, and best of all for me, predone questions and answers for them all!! :) I plan to hand the kids a packet made from the pages of this book and let them have it for a while. Hopefully it will keep them occupied for a good while. Bryce saw the book sitting out when he got home from school and wanted so badly to go read it, but I told him he had to wait until after the party so that it wouldn't spoil the party activity.

We've sent out 14 invitations, it remains to be seen how many kids will actually come. In the past we've never had more than half the number of invites we sent out, and usually it was even less than that. I think kids are just way too busy on weekends these days with sports and other activities.

I've got loads of other stuff to share (including some easter pics from this weekend), but I am going to wait until tomorrow to get that done.

2 Comments:

Blogger Robin said...

Love the new header! Sounds like you've got something cool planned. I love the whole idea of the party too!

6:47 PM  
Blogger Tracy Blankenship said...

oohhhhh howww cool! I love this idea! I might have to ask for some samples etc for when Chase is a little older. When I was 7 I went through this huge detective phase. Swore I was nancy drew, lol. I would ride all over the neighbor hood looking for clues etc! I have been looking forward to Chase and I playing detectives together!!

2:51 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home