Wednesday, April 05, 2006

It's been a few days

gosh, time just gets away from me these days. Brenna and Sarah both conked out early this morning and took naps before lunch, so now my internal time clock is really messed up because it is 2:15 and they are both up. I did get one thing crossed off my to-do list while they were sleeping this morning, so that is nice.

Speaking of to-do lists, I love them but can't seem to keep track of the pieces of paper I write them on lately. I've tried notebooks of all sizes too, but they just seem to get buried in my piles of stuff. When I got my Wacom tablet, it came with a CD of programs one of which is a nifty little thing called Evernote Plus. Now I can keep track of everything I need to work on on my computer- I usually know where that is located ;) I do so love being able to put that little checkmark next to the things I have accomplished! They have a free version of Evernote you can DL if you want to give it a whirl- just go to the Evernote website. The Plus version is a 30 day trial, or check the CDs that came with your Wacom tablet if you have one of those.

Let's see what else have we been up to? Mark worked on the terraces in the backyard all weekend- he found termites up there and we have to redo them so that we dont' have a migration to the house. He got them all dug out (it took him 2 days to do that), cut up Monday night (see the picture), the pieces moved to the front of the house last night, and they were hauled away for us this morning. Now we have to figure out exactly what we are going to do with that area and get the retaining wall stones ordered. I really dislike landscaping, doing it myself anyway. I appreciate a beautiful job when it is done, but digging dirt and hauling heavy stones around just isn't my thing. We tend to only work on the yard when we have to in this house.

Sarah rolled over onto her stomach for the first time yesterday morning; so far she doesn't seem to be inclined to repeat it LOL She has finally figured out the solid food thing and will eat a bunch now, usually more than I expect. Of course this means the dirty diapers are bigger and smellier. I moved her up to size 3 diapers a couple of weeks ago, but I have still had to clean up several 'explosions' in the last week. I'm hoping her bowels will become better adjusted to the new diet and things will get more regular and less messy soon. She is sleeping through the night pretty regularly now- once I get her to sleep she tends to stay that way until morning. The tricky part is getting her to sleep. Of course the time change hasn't helped that. She was going to sleep around 9:30, but now that we moved the clocks forward it has been 10:30 or 11 before she finally conks out for the night. Mark needs a haircut and he tried to stay awake until after Sarah had fallen asleep so I could take care of it, but they both fell asleep around 10:30 (LOL). Maybe since she took an early morning nap today she will oblige and take a little evening snooze tonight. I actually got her to take a nap in her crib yesterday- whoo hoo!

I've got a new purse. The picture to the left there is not the exact one, but is pretty close- it's the same color and almost the same style. Mine has a little front pocket for storing your ID and cards and a little coin purse, that that one doesn't. Actually, I've had it for a couple of weeks and just hadn't gotten around to actually moving my purse contents into it. I did that this morning, it of course isn't as big so I already feel like I'm overstuffing it. The denim one needs a washing so badly though that I will at least give this one a try for a while and see how it goes. I can always move my stuff back to the other one after it has been washed, right?

I noticed this morning when I went out on the front porch to pound eyelets on the baby gift bag that our pair of finches have started building a nest in my Christmas wreath again (yes, the Christmas wreath was still on the front door....). I moved it to the nail on the side of the house and finally got out the grapevine wreath for the door. I guess it remains to be seen how well they do at parenting this year. This is the third year they have chosen to build their next in my wreath; the first year the eggs didn't hatch. Last year they hatched, but the parents didn't do a very good job keeping the babies warm or feeding them and they all died within a couple of days during a cold snap in the weather. I'll keep you informed ;)

I have no idea what to have for dinner tonight and the leftovers are all gone, darn it!


Blogger Kim said...

Sounds like a busy few days! Sarah sounds like she's getting so big! I'll be watching for the finch report. ;)

6:25 PM  
Blogger my2boys said...

hahahahah....glad I am not the only one with a wreath somewhere in sight! hehehe. great layoutssssss! sweet little monkey...with the dora! great

7:48 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home