Wednesday, March 22, 2006

they're here!

I spent the day cleaning the basement- ugh! I so hate cleaning!!! I took out 3 large bags of trash from the girls' room. I just find that completely amazing. They were much better about helping and doing things by themselves this time around, I just had to give them some direction to go in most of the time. You know, specific directions like 'go through that box of doll clothes and put the Barbie ones in this bin and everything else in the other'

I find it completely mystifying though that kids can see the tiniest things you don't want them to see, but can't spot the bright pink bead laying on the tan carpet near their toe when you want them to pick it up so the vacuum won't have a fit when you go over that spot....

So, we finished cleaning just about the time their plane landed andI had time to sit down and feed Sarah before Mark arrived with them. We had the roast that I had put in the crockpot for dinner; it was so nice to have Sarah being held by her grandparents and being happy and quiet instead of screaming at me the whole time because I was ignoring her (I got enough of that this morning during the cleaning hours). Sarah actually fell asleep in Grandadddy's arms while we were eating, and of course the cameras came out ;)

We broke out the Jetsons DVD set I bought yesterday this evening and the kids enjoyed watching a few of those tonight after dinner.

We are headed up to the mall tomorrow morning to get Easter and birthday portraits taken. I had to recruit Becky to come with us so that all of us could go as we are one seat short in the van when Mark is at work with the second car. It was sweet of her to agree to chauffering us around. So, look for a few pics tomorrow, as I am too tired to mess with it tonight.

1 Comments:

Blogger Tracy Blankenship said...

that is so funny and true about them not seeing things, lol! teeheeehehhe

And how sweet about Sarah falling asleep in poppop's arms. awwwwww

breathe woman...and rest! lol

12:07 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home