Saturday, June 09, 2007

Out and About

We've been out and about a lot this last week. Yesterday was Mark's every other Friday off and we went out on a hike in Red Rock Canyon. It's a fairly easy trail most of the way, but add a 20 pound toddler and 10 pound backpack to your back and things get a mite more difficult. I'm definately sore today. It was a beautiful day, if windy, and we got some nice pics. Mark and the kids were on a mission to find as many wildflowers as they could. We saw about a dozen and Mark was able to identify most of them last night with the help of the internet.

The kids have been going to Vacation Bible School at the church one of my friends attends this last week and have really enjoyed that. Brenna especially liked being able to be a big kid this year and go herself. For today's final wrap-up they had a pancakes and biscuits and sausage gravy breakfast, followed with a concert by the Colorado Wranglers. Several of this group sang for many years at the Flying W Ranch here in town and they always put on a good show. I definately thought it was well worth giving up my sleeping-in morning to have dutch-oven cooked biscuits and gravy and some great cowboy music.
Singing the "Mississippi Squirrel Revival" song. Scotty gets dressed up in his squirrel costume for this funny diddy.
We bought a couple more of their CDs so that we could enjoy more of their great western-style cowboy and gospel music. They are singing out at the Ponderosa now, and since we aren't planning any major vacation trips this summer we might just buy some tickets to go enjoy dinner and a show. It sure makes me wish Daddy was still here to enjoy it with me though. This next week was my mom and dad's anniversary, my dad's birthday, and father's day too. I think I'll be needing to keep the box of tissues handy.

we're off to enjoy a BBQ at a neighbor's house. Have a great rest of the weekend!

Labels:

1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

MMMMMMMMMMEEEEEEEEEEELLLLLLLLLLLIIIIIIIIIIINNNNNNNNNNNDDDDDDDDDDDAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!

Why, why, why do you have to show me those beautiful photos?? If you don't stop it, I am going to have to pack up the family and come stay in your front lawn!!!! That is so cool that you can just go on random hikes IN THE MOUNTAINS!! Glad you have fun.

Wow, you've got a lot of emotional dates all in a bunch. Cut yourself some slack and allow yourself a few good cries. I think you will need it. Take care!

9:24 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home