Tuesday, May 29, 2007

Ready for some photos?

We've been super busy, so I'm just going to give you all a show of everything we've been up to in a bunch of photos. Ready? Set! Go!!!

I bought a bubble gun at Target, just for fun (and of course to try and get some cool pictures!)

Friday was the last day of school, and they had a little graduation ceremony for the 5th graders. The teachers read off their names and whether they were on the honor roll, got an attendance award, etc.
Bryce and his teacher, Mr. DeFabioI crashed the girls' classrooms to grab pics of them with their teachers too.
Carissa and Mrs. Maruska.and Beth and Mrs. Edelson
After all of the school festivities were over on Friday, we headed to the zoo to check out the new summer exhibit:
over 100 birds in a free flying exhibit, and you can get seed sticks to feed them with. Unfortunately a big group had come through just before us and most of them weren't that interested in eating any more. You are supposed to be able to get some of them to come and sit on you, if you are lucky. Maybe next time, right?
and a few shots I got of the gorgeous birds

and outside in the wallaby exhibit (an encore of last summer's exhibit to complement the budgies) one of the peacock's was strutting his stuff for us. 20 pictures or so later, I finally got a great shot ;)Next we headed to the reptile house where they also have a free-roaming exhibit with sloths, lion tamarins, turtles and several types of birds. One of the toucans was out enjoying some space and keeping an eye on the people invading his territory. I think Sarah would have reached out and touched him, if we had let her.
One of our last stops for this trip was the Big Backyard exhibit and Sarah had to give one of the goats a hug. She is such a sweetie!

and lastly, Mish wanted to see what I saw when I looked out my window- heres the view out my front door: the view from the master bedroom window: we used to be able to see Pike's Peak, but the neighbor's tree has gotten rather tall and sits right in front of the Peak in our view :-P So, here's a pic I snapped from a parking lot on Friday. I loved the way the sunlight was hitting the side of the mountain that evening.

My movie is almost over- I've been watching 'The Holiday', good chic flick BTW- so I guess that is my cue to hit the 'publish' button and get myself up to bed. The girls' have their full dress rehearsal tomorrow afternoon. We'll see if I can get some decent pics at that tomorrow since they don't allow flash photography during performances....
Night everyone!

Labels: ,

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow - what a lot of fantastic photos!! Love the bubble gun ones, and that budgie exhibit sounds like heaps of fun. They are native here, and are a common and cheap pet... easily tamed and they even can talk! And your view, well, just WOW! Love that mountain!

3:34 AM  
Blogger Ramie :-) said...

Awesome!!!! Looks like you guys are off to an awesome start to the summer!!!! SOOOOO missing CO and the wonderful weather!! It's 90+ here everyday already!

Ramie

11:01 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Oh Melinda, I hope you know how blessed you are to be surrounded by such beauty every day!! Your view looks just how I pictured it...and neighborhood setting with the mountains in the background. Ah....
Thanks for giving me a peek!

Great pictures of the kids with the animals, and the bubbles too. I bet you bought that machine JUST to be able to take pictures, right? LOL

I notice your girls have different teachers. I'll have to chat with you about that sometime. It's something I consider often for when the girls go to kindergarten.

11:05 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

amazing bird and peacock and bubble photos! yay! and I can't believe the view of the mountains you have out your window! WOW! i knew where you lived, but just never thought about it. all i can see is our neighbors houses and lots of trees...

12:53 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great shots! Looks like you guys have been very busy having lots of fun! :)

Love seeing your view. So weird to think I've been right in your area several times, but I think the most recent was in 2001. LOL

7:33 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home