Saturday, May 12, 2007

Dance pictures, dressing a doll and painting a fairy

Today we had portraits taken during dance class, so the girls got to dress up in their full costumes. I had to get up extra-early so that I would have time to french-braid their hair before we left home. It only took me about 25 minutes to get that done, not too bad considering how rusty my braiding skills are. We even put makeup on their faces too. Aren't they cute?





and here is a digi-paper hybrid ATC that I completed yesterday for the altered doll challenge at scrapartist

I designed the ATC on the computer and then printed it out along with an extra dress mannequin and a piece of reduced size paper from the kit. I then crafted a dress from the paper for the mannequin. A heart punch was used to form the bodice and a part of the paper folded and trimmed to look like a pleated skirt. With the liberal use of double-sided adhesive and craft glue I got it all secured to the mannequin and finished it off with a small piece of ribbon, paper flower and a pearl bead. I then attached the finished dressed mannequin to the ATC card.
credits: In Vogue by Scrapartist designers, bodice from the Scrapartist charm doll, gingham ribbon by Offray, paper flower by Prima, pearl bead by unknown. font: 2Peas Beautiful


and finally a fanciful LO of Brenna in her birthday fairy costume. I had my own personal critic looking over my shoulder while I worked on this one. Brenna kept an eye on what I was doing the whole time I worked on this. She was fascinated that I colored the background in with my Wacom tablet. At one point I needed to work on the area that was behind her picture, so I just turned off the visibility of that layer. When she looked at it again she wanted to know where she had gone- the wand and crown were still visible at this point. I told her she was invisible now- she liked that idea LOL! She is fascinated with the finished LO and asks to see it all of the time. I should probably just print one out for her and stick it on the wall in her room near the bed; I'm sure she would be thrilled
credits: I Do Believe in Fairies I Do! by Beth Hesselberg at scrapdish.com; star sparkle brushes by Skip at Adobe Exchange; fonts: 2Peas Beautiful

I think we've decided to go out for dinner tonight instead of trying to wait until tomorrow after church. It will certainly be less crowded. Brenna and Sarah are always worn out after church is over and having to wait 30 minutes to get a table is never a good thing. Mama has some appointments with her realtor right after church tomorrow too, so this will work better all around, I think.

Labels: , , , , ,

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Love those dance pics, they look adorable, and you know I love the fairy layout!!

10:45 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home