Friday, June 01, 2007

Tooting the horn

The dance recital went well. No music goof-ups this time, and the routine went off without a hitch. I was very proud of them tonight. It was a really long evening, it was 3.5 hours of dancing with a 15 minute intermission- and can you believe this was the second evening of recitals? they had the first evening yesterday, and I'm sure it was just as long. The girls were inspired by the advanced tapping groups and are wanting to try out for the Petite Ensemble in the fall, which is an audition tap group. So, I guess I will be looking into when the Petite Prep class will be held this summer and see if it might work into our mish-mash of plans. Ms. Toni said it wasn't necessary to take the prep class to get in, but if they are really serious about wanting to be in it that it would help.

Now that I've tooted the horn for my daughters, I'm going to toot a little for myself. It has been a whirlwind of three weeks. First, I win one of the prizes for my Seamstress ATC at scrapartist. A week ago I am asked to write an article for the digitalscrapbookingartisanguild ezine for July on altered art. That same evening I am asked for permission to use my "Junk is Just Junk" LO in the June Tid-bytes ezine at Scrapbook-bytes. My "Daryl & Anna's Wedding Day" page 1 LO is the scraplift of the week at scrapbookgraphics, and today my Seamstress ATC makes an appearance in the Scrapgypsies June newsletter! I didn't know that was going to happen so I was very pleasantly surprised to open it up and find it there :) I'm not normally one to go around talking about myself, but it has felt really good to get some extra recognition for things I think I do well :)

I'll leave you with some eye candy for what I've been able to to get done this week. Things have been pretty busy, so I didn't get as much done as I would have liked. That seems pretty typical these days LOL
journaling and credits can be seen here

journaling and credits can be seen here

and I seem to have been in a partriotic mood this week, as I have done three fireworks/July 4th related LOs.
journaling and credits can be seen here
journaling and credits can be seen here
journaling and credits can be seen here

I joined the Altered Art Chicks creative team about a month ago, and this last week I was finally able to get my first project done for them. I have a HUGE box of goodies to play with, so there will definately be more of the like coming in the future. You can see more pics of this little album here

Labels: , , , ,

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Glad the recital went well! Two long nights? That's a lot of dancing!

Such great layouts, and I love the way the album turned out! The Altered Art Chicks site is so fun!

8:21 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, and congrats again on all your toots!!! :D

8:21 PM  
Blogger Jan said...

You are really in demand, Melinda. Great news!!! :)

2:04 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home