Thursday, July 05, 2007

Birthday Sale and July grab bag at SophiaSarducci!

Sophia Sarducci is having a sale until through the 7th! Saxon's daughter is having her 8th birthday, so she picked out 8 items that are 50% off! Two of their newest kits, older favorites and if you have any Disney-themed photos to scrap, you can get the "On Vacation with Sophia" photo corners collection for only $5! Check out all of the great items on sale here!

while you are there, don't forget to pick up the July Grab bag- a beautiful summer collection of goodies you don't want to miss ;)

Here's a LO I did with it
journaling: This picture was taken in Grandma Doris’ front yard; I remember the neighbor’s house across the street. The tree I am standing next to died and was removed in later years. I’m wearing one of my favorite dresses with Holly Hobby material and ruffles on the shoulders. I remember playing on the living room floor with the toy farm set, Grandma’s Singer sewing machine whirring softly behind me and ABC soap operas on the console television in front of me. Grandma always made us take an afternoon nap, even after I thought I was past the age of needing one. Now I understand that it was her quiet time since she wasn’t usded to having children around all of the time at that point. We were allowed to get up at 3 o’clock and that was when Batman and Robin came on. Grandma had a cut crystal candy dish sitting on the sideboard in the dining room and it was always filled with butterscotch candies. At Christmas time Grandma got out her white ceramic Christmas tree with the colored flame bulbs that I loved to rearrange. Grandma had a swing set in the backyard that we could go play on if it wasn’t too hot.I remember washing my hair under the faucet of the bathtub since Grandma didn’t have a shower. None of these memories are spectacular or life-changing, but they make up a part of who I am and how family members have helped shape me into who I am today. I don’t know for sure since Grandma Doris died so long ago, but I suspect I am a lot like her, and that makes me proud.
credits: Summer Brights collection and Getting Edgy from July Grab Bag by Sophia Sarducci at sophiasarducci.com; Curled Kraft Edge by Anna Aspnes at designerdigitals.com; fonts: LB Ali and Susie's Hand

Labels: , ,

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great journaling on this layout, Melinda! Love the ones below too! The mountain scene is too fun! Great fireworks shots too!

1:41 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home