Saturday, June 23, 2007

Not feeling terribly well

Sarah was sick all this last week, and it seems I caught it too. It's settled into my sinuses and throat and just making feel 'blah.' I'm trying to sit still at the computer and get caught up on a few things. I'd like to scrap, but the creative energy just isn't there.

Who said summer could come?? It has been around 90 here for the last week and that is just too hot! I don't think I could live in the southern part of the US, I'd never leave my house because of the heat most of the year.

I did get a few things done this week despite not feeling great- some paper crafting for Altered Art Chicks was Wednesday's activity. I love the paper and scissors every once in a while, but I was grumbling "this wouldn't happen if I was doing this on the computer" a lot of the time that day. I kept dropping, misplacing, and losing things and it was getting frustrating LOL

Mark has been enjoying the summer days with the older kids and taking them out hiking quite a bit. They are out again today. Last Sunday, since Sarah was sick and couldn't go to church, he took them up the back side of Pikes Peak. He said he was going to stop halfway and come back down again, but wouldn't you know it they just kept going and went all the way to the top and back. So, now my kids have climbed a 14er. I've got some pics on the old digicamera, but I haven't taken them off of it yet. So you will have to wait a bit longer to see them. I hope they all put sunblock on today as they all got quite burned last weekend and haven't healed up completely yet.

Dani Mostad has an incredible new kit out today at SweetShoppe- a gorgeous tropical theme kit she created with Miriam Lima. I just love the grass skirt, flowers and stitched paper swirls in it! It's on sale today too!
yes, that is me sitting next to the friendly gorilla in the LO on the right of the above ad LOL! I dug out an old collage picture frame collecting dust under my dresser so I could get that picture out and scan it to use with this kit. I always thought that picture was so funny! It was taken the spring break before Mark and I got married on our family trip to Hawaii by Daddy. I was missing Mark so much on that trip and wishing he was there with us, but he was working in Germany and had to miss all of the fun.
journaling: We were shopping in downtown Hilo one afternoon when we spotted this lonely gorilla dressed in a sunbonnet, bikini top and grass skirt sitting outside a shop. He looked so loney, my Dad made me sit down with him for a picture. Ahhhh, to be young and in love, and with your Dad in Hawaii instead of your fiancee. Melinda March 1990
credits: Mahalo by Dani Mogstad and Miriam Lima at swetshoppedesigns; fonts: TXT Scribbeletti

and Dani has a whole slew of things in her bargain bin at designbydani. They will disappear soon, so if you've been wanting any of them you'd better go grab them!


I'm hoping I can get Brenna and Sarah down for their afternoon nap soon. I think I will try and write the article for the DSAguild that is due at the end of the week. I've had it roughed out for a while, I just need to flesh everything out now. Since I don't feel much like scrapping, that is probably the thing to do. I hope everyone has a good weekend!

Labels: ,

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

So sorry you're not feeling well, Melinda! Hope you're better soon.

That kit is fabulous, and I love your layout! It cuaght my eye rightaway when I saw the ad, but I didn't know it was yours! LOL

8:24 PM  
Blogger Ramie :-) said...

Hope you start feeling better soon. UGH on the heat....but I'll trade ya CO 90 for GA 90! It's STICKY here and nasty. I'd love to be back in CO! Love the layout....too funny!!

Ramie

9:16 AM  
Blogger Maggie Lamarre said...

Hi:
I luv the kit and the new blog header.
Maggie

7:33 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I hope you feel better soon, Melinda! The hiking trips sound like so much fun - I wish we could do something like that. Your layout is so fabu too... I totally love that kit! :)

2:29 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home