Saturday, July 07, 2007

Happy Anniversary to us!

Today was our 17th anniversary. Did we do anything spectacular? no LOL. But that is OK. We all went out for dinner last night, lunch was out this afternoon and then we went to see Ratatouile at the theater. The temperature was 95 F when we left the house for lunch and the movie, so hiding out in air-conditioned restaurant and movie theater for a while sounded like a good idea. We couldn't believe they made us pay for a seat for Sarah at the movie theater.... we had picked that particular show time so that she would be ready for a nap, and she slept in my lap for most of the show. It's still cheaper than getting a baby sitter, I guess. Everyone enjoyed the movie, it was a very cute story and as usual with Pixar the animation was amazing. We definitely recommend this one! I had a pounding headache by the time we drove home, so I went upstairs for some Tylenol and a rest. Mark got dinner ready for everyone. No cooking for 24 hours for me- I'll take that as a nice anniversary gift ;)

We didn't hear anything from the ped. neurologist's office last week. I guess they don't think it is that urgent since we haven't heard anything all week, so I'm telling myself that it can't be all that bad whatever the problem is ;)

I've got a bunch of projects I'm behind on, so I will just finish off with a couple of new LOs.
Here are the pics from Beth and Carissa's dance recital last month. Lots of tweaking on the color and they came out pretty well. They tap danced to the song "Chattahoochee" by Alan Jackson. We got the professional pictures of them in their dance outfits yesterday in the mail and they mixed up Beth's name card with another girls, so we have Vanessa's picture instead of Beth's. I filled out their complaint form online and we are still waiting on what they want to do about it.
credits: 'Lil Jake by Sylvie Sausan at scrapartist; Torn and Curled Page Borders by Jen Caputo at scrapbookgraphics; frame cluster by Nancy Comelab at TheLily-Pad; fonts: Batik Regular and Susie's Hand

Momma and I took the kids to Uncle Wilbur's Fountain downtown Tuesday afternoon. Here are a few pictures of Sarah enjoying the dancing jets of the fountain for the first time. She found a spot next to one of the jets that let her play in the water when it came up, but didn't hit her in the face and that is where she stood almost the whole time while all of the other kids ran around her. It certainly made picture taking easy ;)
credits: papers from Dude by Scrapartist Designers and Sylvie Sausan; Covered Stamp Sheet and Hallway Graffiti Rainbow Glitter Paint by Meredith Fenwick at scrapbookgraphics; Glitter paint splats by Ashley Olson; Circle stitches by Lisa Whitney at scrapartist; Alphas by Amber Clegg at scrapartist: White cardboard circle, white tall and chunky, and stamped canvas; spray alpha from Heat Wave by Dani Mogstad at designbydani; fonts: 2Peas Sandbox

Labels: , , , ,

3 Comments:

Blogger shelly c said...

Happy 17th Anniversary to you & DH, Melinda!

9:28 PM  
Blogger Robin said...

Happy anniversary!!! I'm glad you had a nice day out with the family! Love your pages too!

10:52 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi there,
I saw your comment on Misty Cato's tut for creating pattern papers. You said that you didn't know how to scale down or up in PSE? I have PSE 4.0 and just finished this tut this am. on the pallette layers, there's a Circle that is half black and half white. If you click on that circle and click on pattern, there's a slider to play with to get the size you want. I just thought I'd share that with you. I know I'm late, but better late then never right? LOL.
Hugs,
Angel
P.S. Happy Anniversary!!!

6:39 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home