Friday, July 20, 2007

If I disappear for a few days....

that just means I am reading the new Harry Potter book. ( I know, I know, I've not been around much lately anyway LOL) I am going to get myself a copy one or the other tomorrow, because I just can't stand waiting any more! I will be very surprised if I get a book from the hold list the first go round this time (I was totally spoiled getting a new copy of Half-Blood Prince the day they came out last time), but there is a chance I can get one of the rapid reads versions if I'm lucky. Or, I may just break down and go buy one at Target instead. We'll see.

Mark took the older kids to Ehlitch Garden today. They obviously stayed until the park closed tonight since they aren't home yet. So, Brenna, Sarah and I went to the zoo today and I spoiled them with buying seed sticks for the Budgies and a ride on the carousel. Brenna has asked about riding the carousel every time we have been there lately and it was fun to reward her for her good behavior of late. Brenna was so good today, one of those days that helps get me through the really rough ones. It was a pleasure to be out with her and doing fun things. :)

I've got quite a few things I've been meaning to get up on here, but trying to get some things done and distract myself from the impending release of the HP book has kept me from getting to it. So, I'll just put up this one LO with Kim Jensen's totally fabulous new collection at Scrapdish- Shameless. It's on sale and is a total steal! don't miss it :) Oh, and I'll put up a few pics from the zoo today too. ;)

We started at the zoo with feeding the giraffes. Sarah didn't want to stop, she thinks it is so funny!

The Budgies were actually hungry today and you could get them to come sit on the seed sticks. Sarah kept trying to pet the birds, and just couldn't understand why I told her not to. You can't fool the birds, they know when the seeds are all gone from a stick and they won't give you the time of day until you get a new one! The funniest event of the Budgie experience was when one landed right on top of my head. Of course I don't have a picture of that since my camera was around my neck. I'm sure Brenna would be more than happy to tell you how funny it looked though if you ask ;)
Sarah goes around saying "Hi Mama" and "Hi Daddy" all of the time now and if you reply in kind she just keeps going. After feeding the birds, we went to the reptile house and she was fascinated with the star tortoises. She kept saying "Hi turtles" over and over and waving at them. She is so cute!Waiting for everyone to get seated so that the carousel can begin turning.


the look of total joy on Sarah's face after the carousel started to move. I have to fix up Brenna's pic that is similar- it just is much too dark.

Labels: , , , ,

4 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Looks like you had a great time with the girls! :)

2:37 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Have fun reading HP!!! Love those zoo photos too, hope the big kids had fun and Eliches', I heard a rumor it was closing down? I miss the old one!

7:59 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

So glad you had such a great day at the zoo! I would have loved to have seen you with the bird on your head! LOL

8:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, and of course I forgot to mention again how much a love that layout! Too cute! :)

8:01 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home