Thursday, August 16, 2007

The big day is tomorrow

yep, the premiere of HSM2 is finally tomorrow night at 9P here in the mountain time zone. We've got 9 girls coming to join Beth and Carissa in watching it and giggling the night away. Mark watched the neighborhood kids all sing together in the yard across the street to the soundtrack from the first movie last weekend. Yes, this is a very big deal around here!

I would really like to know how much Charm City Cakes charges for one of their creations. I know I've spent too much on supplies, and way too many hours already on this cake for the party tomorrow and I'm not sure if it is even going to come together the way I want. My fingers are black tonight from coloring gum paste and cutting out music notes and threading pieces of wire into them (see, scrap supplies have use outside the scrapbook- I used Dani's notes from her Rock Star kit as templates and the wire is from my paper scrapping stash); I made chocolate versions of these earlier today, but it just too warm and every time I took them out of the refrigerator for a few minutes they softened up too much to be of any use. The gum paste versions should work (I think) as long as they are dry enough by tomorrow. The other gum paste things I made have been drying for several days. At least when this is all done I will have more decorating tools to use next time around. I think I've used just about everything I bought on Monday at this point, so there will be very little to return next week. The cake layers are baked (there are 3) and tomorrow morning I need to make some buttercream frosting and get that put together. Final assembly probably wont take place until tomorrow evening since I'm not sure how long the whole thing will stand up to scrutiny by the kids once it is put together. Ah, the joys of trying something new. At least I won't have to make anything other than the cake tomorrow, as I plan on ordering lots of pizza to feed everyone. Hurrah for take and bake pizza!

This has been one crazy week and I am so tired. My mom's sprinkler system is fully installed and working now after being up there most of yesterday and for a couple of hours today, and we've been to 2 school open houses. Have I said recently how glad I will be when this week is over??

Labels:

3 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Good gosh, woman, you are a cake-making dynamo! I bow in your direction in a lame impression of Wayne and Garth, chanting, "I'm not worthy, I'm not worthy." I don't know how you do it, and I must say I cannot wait to see photos of the finished cake!

10:31 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh I can't wait to see your cake! I love your cakes!! We're a little anxious about HSM2 here too!!

12:37 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I can't wait to see the new cake creation. You are a superhero of a mom. I hope you get a relaxing weekend!

12:49 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home