Tuesday, August 07, 2007

School has started

credits: Back to School by Jen Reed at Scrapdish; Date It! Plastic Beads by Kim Jensen at Scrapdish; LO template by Janet Phillips at scrapbookgraphics; rubberbands by Nancy Wilkins; paint and stars and hearts from Pop Rock Graffiti elements by Miss Mint at Peppermint Creative; Mini Journaling Alpha Strips by Traci Reed at scrapbookgraphics

Bryce started 6th grade on Monday and Beth and Carissa had their first day today. There was a mixup with Bryce's schedule initially and he wasn't put in band like he was supposed to be, but we've got that straightened out now. He chose the trumpet as his instrument today. Ah, I can hardly wait until the sounds of practice start to fill the house (not really LOL!) Beth and Carissa are already picking instruments too, though they have two more years to go. I think I have to go pick up some sort of band book at the music store for him tomorrow- Bryce was a little vague on the details this afternoon so I hope the music store knows what it is he needs or that he does a better job of listening to the instructions tomorrow ;) I will walk with the twins to school in the morning so that I can get their yearly 'first day' picture next to the school sign- I was walking Bryce again this morning to make sure that his schedule change was worked out.

My mom is here this week getting some things done on her house. She was able to find a good painter, and he's gotten the living room and kitchen painted now. This guy will come back at a later time to finish sprucing up the paint in the other upstairs rooms. She's working on getting someone lined up to get a sprinkler system installed in the yard. That won't get done this week, but hopefully it will be arranged and it won't take too much of my time next week. We need to get automated watering installed so that hopefully the yard will come back from the brink of death that it is on right now. We've had heavy rainstorms in the late afternoon/evening for three days in a row now and that has helped it a whole lot already.

I'm done for the night, I think. Having to get up early and walk to school is tough after being lazy all summer! ;)

Labels: ,

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Love the layout! :) Hope Bryce enjoys the trumpet and the practicing isn't too, um, loud. LOL

I'm not looking forward to those early mornings. My late nights have caught up to me, and I've been going to bed earlier this week, but still not waking up nearly as early as I'll need to once school starts! I'm hoping to at least be better rested for our Vegas trip, which I'm sure will just screw up my sleep schedule all over again. LOL

7:31 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh I love that page, the paint on the top is awesome!

1:07 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That is the perfect school page, and I totally love how you used Kim's alpha set. I am kind of wishing it would rain around here again, as our yard is in a similar "brink of death" state. I hope you have a great week!

1:47 PM  
Blogger Robin said...

Hope the twins had a great first day and that everything with Bryce's schedule and trumpet work out ok too! :)

3:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home