Friday, August 17, 2007

The masterpiece of confection is done

But first, before I show that off I'm going to make you look at a few pictures of the birthday girls ;) Here they are sporting the new shirts that Aunt Megan, Uncle Aaron, Molly and Brandt sent them.
in their new dresses they got from Mama
Carissa with her 4th grade teacher, Mrs. Borkowski
and Beth with her 4th Grade teacher, Mrs. Todd
and here are the pics of the cake. It turned out pretty well, I think. That is certainly the best looking cake I've made- meaning it has three layers with straight edges all around LOL Wilton's buttercream icing really is the best looking stuff, and it is easy to decorate with. Having the time, and extra icing, to do a crumb coat with before adding the top layer of pretty icing helps too ;) The gum paste sign, stars and music staff and notes worked pretty well all in all. Gold lustre dust gives the stars their sparkly look, and the sign dots and stars on the sides of the cake are done with some new glitter gel icing by Wilton that I found at JoAnn's Monday. I've got some curly candles to stick in the cake come time.

Well, it's almost time for the girls to get home from school, so I had better get moving again. There is still lots of things to get done. I have to get the pizzas called in so that they are ready to pick up at a reasonable time, and I still have to get the table cleaned up and all of the other decorations put out. Mark has got the bunk beds almost ready to put together- I think that will be tomorrows project since they won't be sleeping down in their room tonight ;)

Labels: , , , ,

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh Melinda!! That cake is super cool! I wish I was at your house watching HSM2 with you guys tonight, LOL!! Hope the girls have an awesome birthday party!!

5:56 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Wow, that is the coolest! Great job on the cake!!!

6:33 PM  
Blogger Audimc said...

Happy Birthday girls!! Melinda you have completely outdone yourself with that cake!!! I LOVE it!

7:11 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm impressed - that cake is fantastic! Hope the girls enjoyed their day and you managed to get a least a little sleep.

Connie (clc)

10:07 PM  
Blogger Robin said...

That is so cool!!!! :) Hope you had a fun day!!!!

8:30 AM  
Blogger Ramie :-) said...

Happy Birthday to the girls! How fun!! And their cake turned out AWESOME. You do some awesome cake decorating Melinda!

I hope they had a great day and party!

Ramie

5:39 PM  
Blogger Meredith said...

what an adorable cake!!! you amaze me, woman!

10:44 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home