Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Prima Projects

So, now that summer CHA is over I can finally show you some of the things I made months ago with Dianne Rigdon's and Doris Castle's new paper collections.
These first projects are done with Dianne Rigdon's "Fancy Christmas" line.



Doris Castle's "Little Boo" line. I made some frames to house a couple of Halloween photos. That's Megan and Aaron all dressed up one Halloween in the black one ;) The picture didn't have a date on it that I could find when I scanned it, but I figure it is from the early 90s somewhere.
This LO of Sarah in her little ducky costume last Halloween was in the Prima catalog.

and if you look really closely at this picture from the Prima booth at CHA, you can find my frames and box sitting on the display table.


and I finally got to play with some of the new 'Retail Friendly Hybrid' CD products that are available and coordinate with each of the new paper lines that came out too. They almost make it too easy (at least for me anyway, I think I like to try and make things more complicated than they actually are sometimes LOL)- add your pictures to the predesigned quick page, and maybe some wordart from the CD, then add some text to the predesigned chipboard shapes and anywhere on your page that you want. Print it all out, stick the chipboard together and put it on the page to embellish. There are spots on a lot of the QPs that tell you what products to add and where. My one wish for lines like this in the future is a set of chipboard shapes that are a bit smaller so that they work more easily with the 8x8 size that I print at. The shapes at their current size are too large for that format, in my opinion at least.

This first one uses the Space Boy collection, and I scrapped some of the pictures from our stop at the Omniplex Science Center in OKCity on vacation. They have a new exhibit called "Destination Space"
journaling: The Destination Space exhibit had examples of actual space craft, equipment and space suits from different world space missions. The most fun exhibit was the one showing how things of different sizes fall in both air and vacuum.
credits: Space Boy Quick Page and chipboard tags by Prima Marketing; Say It in Crystals swirls (#517335); fonts: LB Plainstamp, CK Mou Saha

details:

and this is from the Youth collection by Meredith Fenwick. Bryce standing next to his locker at HMS the day we picked up his 7th grade schedule.
credits: Youth QP and wordart by Meredith Fenwick for Prima Marketing; Say It in Crystals Swirls (#517311); Star brads by Creative Impressions; fonts: Dirty Ego, Rage Italic

details:

and with that, I'm off to make some muffins for dinner. It is Beth and Carissa's birthday today and we are dragging out the festivites for a while. Last night I made 58 frosted cupcakes for them to take to school today to share with their classes. Carissa chose what we will have for dinner tonight. Beth chose what we will have for dinner tomorrow when Grandmama comes over for the 'family celebration'- that's when they will get their gifts from us, the cousins and Grandmama. We are putting off the party with friends until the 22nd as they want to have a sleepover and that is the night that the new Cheetah Girls movie is being shown on the Disney Channel.

Labels: , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home