Thursday, September 04, 2008

Balloons, a saloon, and a birthday

layouts that is :P
Here's the promised LO with the photo series of the "Heaven's Quilt" inflation and lift-off:
credits: Crumpled Solids and small frames by Nancy Comelab; Not So Basic Stitches by Dani Mogstad; glitter swirls and strands from Dusk to Dawn by Flergs at scrapbookgraphics.com; labels and pins from Specimen 1 by Karen Hunt at SBB; Paper Cuts alpha by Terri Martin for Digital Artist Magazine; fonts: Black Jack

and here's my favorite picture I got from the evening balloon glow last weekend. I used Holly McCaig's newest kit, "Fresh". Yep, another new CT! woot! I get to work with Holly's gorgeous digital goodies for the next three months. I may even have to see if I can mix in a bit of her digi-goodness with some of the Pink Paislee papers I couldn't stop myself from buying at Archiver's the other day. ;) (and man, what it cost me to check out with a few sheets of real scrapbook paper was certainly enough to remind me of a big reason I love digiscrapping!)
credits: Fresh by Holly McCaig at Inspiration Lane; Worn Photo Overlays by Something Blue Studios at Catscrap; Sassy Lace by Christina Renee; Lacey Trims by Corina Nielsen at FunkyPlaygroundDesigns; fonts: Susie's Hand

Angela and Saxon asked me back to the re-activated SophiaSarducci CT last week, and I got this LO done for them today with the new kit "Dreaming of Texas." The saloon was in Nebraska, so I had to skimp on the actual TX parts of the kit, but it still works :P Now I have two whole days of our summer vacation completely scrapped- the first and the last. I wonder how long it will take me to get the other 14 days in between finished up?? LOL
journaling: We drove back into Ogallala for dinner at the Livery Barn Café and Crystal Palace Revue show. We ate dinner at the Livery Barn Cafe and strolled through the western museum in the Front Street buildings while we waited for the show to start. It was over an hour of songs and comedy- lots of fun that even Sarah enjoyed most of the time. I didn’t think that Sarah was paying attention to the show by the end, but she took away a line from the last song/skit that the singers did. She still says that line to us months later- “I go Mama, I go Daddy.” Ogallala, Nebraska -July 12,‘08
credits: Dreaming of Texas by SophiaSarducci.com; Worn Overlays by SomethingBlueStudios at Catscrap.com; Boho Cowgirl alpha by Retrodiva; fonts: BlackJack

All-righty- I'm off to see if I can get the Hannah Montana birthday party LO I started earlier today finished up before I completely wear out for the evening. Getting up before 7 to get all of the kids off to school has been sending me to bed early- well, early for me anyway ;)
and here it is, before I scoot off to bed:
journaling: We celebrated Beth and Carissa’s 10th birthday on August 22, 2008 with a slumber party at our house. Seven of their friends were able to come this year. We grilled and ate hamburgers, played games in the backyard, ate cake, opened presents, and painted plaster figurines of ponies and fish. Then, the girls watched the premiere of the Cheetah Girls 3 movie on the Disney channel before settling down for the night and getting a few hours of sleep.
Sarah proved that she knows just what to do with candles on a birthday cake- blowing them out before Beth and Carissa even had a chance to take a deep breath. We had to light them again so that the actual birthday girls could blow them out.
credits: Pop Rocks by Dani Mogstad at SweetShoppeDesigns; Original Photoclusters 1 and 3 and Original Photoframes- Large Frames by Nancy Comelab; fonts: Note This, 2Peas Hot chocolate, 2 Peas Dear Diary

Labels: , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home