Thursday, May 31, 2012

May Scrapbook Pages

Melinda_WSUgraduate_5-7-199  credits: Smart Cookie by Amy Wolff and Michelle Godin at The-LilyPad.com;
font: Typewriter

Brenna_1stTrophy_1-28-12  Journaling: I wish I still had the pictures of Brenna receiving her first dance trophy at the Celebrity dance competition. Whoever stole my camera that Saturday night probably just deleted them. Brenna was so excited to hear her name called. They were told they had to dance down the pink carpet if they received a trophy, and Brenna didn’t hesitate to move and groove down the aisle. It was fun to watch my prim little ballerina loosen up and have some fun. Even though I don’t have the pictures I hoped to, I’m sure Brenna will always remember the thrill of that night.
credits: at The-LilyPad.com: by Kim Jensen-
Eclectomania 1, Frame-O-Mania 1, Stringbats, Zigzagged Paper Alpha, Springity Spring Elements (stitch frame); by Michelle Godin- I Heart You (ribbon); by Kaye Winiecki- Click 2 Scrap
font: Typewriter

Bryce-AcademicLetter_2-27-1  credits: Smart Cookie by Amy Wolff and Michelle Godin and May 2012 template challenge freebie by Amy Martin at The-LilyPad.com; font: Courier New

Bryce_VRLetterJacket_4-23-1  journaling: After waiting almost a year, Bryce finally has his Vista Ridge letter jacket, and he is proud to wear it.
credits: at The-LilyPad.com: by Kim Jensen-
Eclectomania 1, Appabet, Stringbats; by Michelle Godin- Sunshine and Grass Stains Elements; by Amy Martin- May 11 freebie template, Thru The View;  font: custom font by Darcy Baldwin

Remember the page from April with Sarah planting a tree seed? I had my own seed growing story that I had to record. Gee, I wonder where Sarah gets it from? LOL Sadly, I don't have a single one of the tree photos from all of those years. They must be in my grandmother's photographs somewhere though. I wonder if my pecan tree is still growing there?

Melinda_ATreeStory  Journaling: It all begins with a 2-year old me, learning that nuts are seeds and that is where trees come from. I insisted on planting that pecan nut, even though everyone told me it wouldn’t grow because it had been processed for eating. I set the pot on the porch and it just so happened that the gutter leaked and watered it just right. That nut sprouted and started to grow to everyone’s surprise. Eventually the little tree was strong enough to plant in the yard. Every year when we came to visit MommyPat during the summer, I had to have my picture taken next to the tree to record our growth. I was always taller until that very last year before MommyPat sold the house to Aunt Jeannie and Uncle Mike and moved to Pullman.
credits: at The-LilyPad.com: by Michelle Godin- Sunshine and Grass Stains
Papers and Elements, Sloppy Stencils 2, Funky Junky Family Tree with Kate Hadfield and Rachel Young, Sunshine on My Shoulders Elements (as Pixelworks, retired); Springity Spring (with Kate Hadfield) by Kim Jensen and Kate Hadfield
font: custom font by Darcy Baldwin

Melinda_MOM2012 
credits: at The-Lilypad.com: Happy Mom's Day, Teeny Tiny Alphas, and Funky Junky Family Tree by Michelle Godin, iNSD 2012 Grab Bag by Sara Gleason and Crystal Livesay,; brush strokes by Michelle Coleman; Paperworn Art Styles by Tangie Baxter at scrapbookgraphics; font: custom font by Darcy Baldwin

Twilight drops her curtain down, and pins it with a star.
~Lucy Maud MontgomeryCarissa_MoonbeamShadow_3-4- credits: Studio Mix 23- Heartfelt Secret, Studio Mix 23- Heartfelt Secret Clusters, Studio Mix 23- Heartfelt Secret Solids, by Studio Girls at scrapbookgraphics.com; font: Edwardian Script, Cezanne

Sarah_DrSuess_3-2-12  journaling: I loved Dr. Seuss books when I was a kid and learning to read. Go Dog Go, One Fish Two Fish Red Fish Blue Fish, The Cat in the Hat, Fox In Socks and any other books that tied your tongue in knots while reading them were my favorites. I would read them over and over until I could read them smoothly. I amaze Brenna and Sarah with how easily I can read them even today. It makes me happy to see my kids learning to read with Dr. Seuss now. Their silliness and nonsense are still engaging to young and old alike. School's help build the sense of fun with celebrations of Dr. Suess' birthday in March. Activities and dress up days make reading fun and exciting. Sarah came home from school proudly sporting her Cat in the Hat hat and she spent at least 30 minutes sitting and reading books to herself from our Dr. Seuss collection.
credits: at The-Lilypad.com: I Like Nonsense Bundle by Kaye Winiecki, Here to There by Jacque Larsen and Emily Merritt, Be Yourself by CD Muckosky, iNSD 2012 Grab Bag by Sara Gleason and Crystal Livesay
font: Grinched, Doctor Soos Bold, Dr Eve L

Brenna_SparklingStar_5-21-1 
credits: at The-LilyPad.com: Dreams & Wishes Kit, Dreams & Wishes Mixed Media Papers by Michelle Godin, Serendipity by CD Muckosky ; No 4 by Fizzy Pop at scrapbookgraphics.com; WOW PSE Chrome Style

I did this page for the random challenge at TLP, which was to scrap a photo 3-5 years old. It's not quite 3 years old, but pretty darn close. I've had the bones of this page in my head for a long time- glad to finally get it out of there! DH and the 3 older kids hiked to the top of the largest sand dune while my mom and I kept an eye on the younger kids playing in the sand and water. We tracked their progress with her telescope and my camera. I put layers of the photos I took showing their progress up the dune on top of the base photograph and highlighted them with the times they were taken. It took them about an hour to get to the peak.

GreatSandDunesHike_7-24-09  credits: at The-LilyPad.com: by Michelle Godin- Inner Peace (FB freebie), Dreams & Wishes Kit, Dreams & Wishes Addon (blog freebie), Handcarved Stamps, Grungy Canvas, Sunshine and Grass Stains Elements, Grunge Factory Overlays; by Kim Jensen- Paint It White Alpha, Cord Crazy Lines; Paperworn Art Styles by Tangie Baxter at scrapbookgraphics.com
font: Clarendon Condensed, FO Empty Wrapper Abundant, FO Messy Bessy,
FO Journal Away

 Summer2011-PatrioticPopsicl credits: Saxon Holt and Tracey Monnette- Americana at Scrapmatters and My Memories; Lauren Grier- Layered Up In You Wobbled Scallops
font: FO Messy Bessy, TXT Antique Poster

Gloria_FingerPainting_7-14-
journaling: Grandma Gloria didn’t have much for the kids to play with during our visit, but a set of finger paints and a stack of paper plates kept them all busy for an afternoon.
credits: at The-LilyPad.com: by Michelle Godin-
Grunge Factory: Wet and Wild, Sew Artsy Just the Stitches, Summer Stickies; by Kim Jensen: Pink Lemonade Alpha,
Frame-O-Mania 1; Stick It Dates by Darcy Baldwin
font: custom font by Darcy Baldwin

Brenna_Tap4-SchoolsOut_5-24
journaling: The Tap 4 dance is to Brenna’s favorite song from the Shake It Up album, School’s Out! She even did it as a solo in her 3rd Grade classes’ talent show at the end of year.
credits: at The-LilyPad.com: by Kim Jensen-
Petite Patterns, Bloomin' Froufrou, Perforated Paper Alpha, Rhyme & Reason (white paper); by Michelle Godin- Sew Artsy Just the Stitches; by Sabrina Dupre- Summertime Elements; Twisted Pixels Template Challenge by Crisdam Designs at GottaPixel, Banners freebie by Scrappin' With Liz at Scraporchard
font: Ticket Capitals Impressed, custom font by Darcy Baldwin

Labels: , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home