Friday, April 28, 2006

poor sick baby (revisited)

No, it is not Brenna again. Sarah is sick for the first time. She had a minor fever a few months back that didn't seem to faze her much and didn't last too long. Last night about 10P I knew this was going to be a full-blown illness and that I would be taking her into the doctor's office. I measured her temp at 102 when I took her upstairs. I couldn't get her into the doctor's office until 2 this afternoon, so the poor thing had to tough it out until then. The tylenol I gave her brought the fever down some, but not all the way. By the time we got to the doctor's office it was back up to 103. We saw one of the nurse practitioners, and when she came in she was all ready to give me the 'it's a virus we can't do anything about that' lecture (since we have something viral going around the house at the moment). Then, she looked in Sarah's ears... yep, she has a raging ear infection going on, just like I thought. She has had a runny nose for about a week and a half and I was just watching and waiting for an ear infection to result. Mom knows what's going on, and I knew it wasn't the stomach bug that Mark and Brenna had (yes, Mark had it too Tuesday night). We have amoxicillin now and found that ibuprofen works much better than tylenol for her in getting a fever down. Hopefully it won't take too long for the antibiotics to start making a difference.

Sarah and I went to Trinity for the monthly crop tonight. Sarah took a nice long nap, which she really needed, and after she woke up and I got some ibuprofen in her she was her usually happy self. She sat and played with the toys I brought for her and just generally charmed everyone there. I was even able to get some scrapping done. Check out what I've been playing with the last couple of days- I had to go to Marta's to use her fast connection so that it wouldn't take me days to get Dani's new kits DLed, but it was so worth it! (thanks again, Marta!)

journaling: Now that Sarah is sitting up on her own, she gets to see things from a whole new perspective. all of her toys are new again!
credits: Cabana Boy by Dani Mogstad (coming May 1 to designbydani); fonts: tweed

credits: Tribute by Dani Mogstad (available May1 at designbydani); Shabby wood alpha by Dani Mostad; fonts: Sweetheart Script

Cabana Boy and Tribute will be coming to Dani's store May 1 :)
I also 'borrowed' some pics from Bonnie of their Hawaii trip earlier this month so that I could do some more scrapping with Cabana Boy, and also do a LO for TracyB with her revamped Beach House kit. Lots of stuff to scrap! I've got to focus on getting my digicraft templates put together since the chat is next Tuesday :eek: So, there probably won't be another new LO for a few days.

I'm beat, so I'm off the bed. Have a great weekend everyone!

3 Comments:

Blogger Tracy Blankenship said...

awww.poor little sweetie...nothing is worse than a sick baby. And momma's always know. Awesome layouts....really cool. And I love your prize kit! You are rakn' and rollin'

6:22 AM  
Blogger Robin said...

Oh poor Sarah!!! I hope she's better soon.
BTW, these pages are GORGEOUS!!! I really just love everything about them. The circles are so great especially.

8:06 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I hope Sarah is getting better! Those are amazing layouts and you inspired me to use a kit by Dani that I've been holding onto for months.

11:08 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home