Monday, May 01, 2006

It was quiet

for 5 whole minutes. The TV was off, Brenna was sleeping, and I was finally able to extract Sarah from my lap and put her in her bed. She protested for about a minute and decided it wasn't worth fighting going to sleep any more. I breathed a sigh of relief and looked at the clock and realized I had only about 5 minutes before the big kids came home from school. They come stomping in the door throwing their shoes, coats and backpacks around, and thunder up the stairs to the bathroom when they could come use the one downstairs. I don't think they are intentionally trying to be noisy, they just aren't conscious of how much noise they make. I get really tired of having to tell them to be quiet every time they come in the door though. And don't get me started on the salesguy that rang my doorbell and pounded on the door heavily only 1 minute after Sarah quit crying.

I think Sarah is feeling abit better now, but it is hard to say. She wasn't nursing that well this weekend, didn't want solid food, had a slight fever, and had diarrhea. Today she is nursing better, still felt a bit warm to me this morning, and wouldn't let me put her down for more than a minute (but that isn't terribly unusual). I am really tired of carting the child around all of the time at home. She doesn't sit still when I have her in my lap now. She wiggles around practically falling onto the floor half the time, she has discovered the things at the ends of her arms we call hands and has fun pinching my arms and neck or whatever skin she can get between her fingers, she kicks my arms if she is laying on the nursing pillow, and then she gets mad at me for putting her on the floor. :sigh: I just can't win. Brenna has diarrhea too for the third day in a row.

I finally got everything for the digicraft chat and challenge put together today; that's a good thing since it is tomorrow night. I like to have it posted about a week before so that people have plenty of time to get what they need, but oh well, that just didn't happen this month. You can read the details over at RAKscraps in this thread: http://www.rakscraps.com/forums/showthread.php?p=144837#post144837
At least I have June's digicraft about half done already, but getting my May newsletter tutorial written up has to come first.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, I hope your kiddos feel better soon, I stopped by the chat, but couldn't stay, JT's bedtime and all that. Get some rest Melinda!

10:18 PM  
Blogger Tracy Blankenship said...

pooor sweetie...I so understand. Big hugs. Your creations are beautiful as usual!!!

10:15 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home