Thursday, September 13, 2007

school fundraiser - magazines

I never did like trying to sell stuff to raise money for school PTA projects and all that as a kid, and it hasn't really changed since my kids started school. Most of the catalog stuff the elementary schools sell is overpriced wrapping paper and knick-knacks that we don't need. Now that Bryce is in middle school, he actually has a useful fundraiser (at least potentially anyway). If you have a magazine subscription that needs renewing, maybe you would consider ordering it through Bryce's school and the QSP school fundraiser program? His school gets 40% of the subscription cost for their programs. I think that is pretty good for money I was going to spend anyway to renew my current CK subscription. They actually have a good selection of craft magazines now (I remember not so long ago when they didn't carry scrapbook mags)- they carry Creating Keepsakes, Simple Scrapbooks, Scrapbooks, Etc., Memory Makers, Digital Scrapbooking, as well as a nice selection of other crafting titles. Of course there are all sorts of other magazine categories too- animals, computers, sports, cooking, fitness, children, etc. I've got a renewal notice from CK sitting on my desk and the renewal price QSP is offering online is actually $3 cheaper than what CK is directly offering me for a 1 year subscription extension.

So, if you have a need for magazine renewals and would like to check it out, here is the info:
go to www.QSP.com
Enter Bryce's name: Bryce Staley, school number: #425053026 (Horizon MS, COsprings, CO), teacher: McInturff, and grade: 6 when you register with QSP. I believe you can shop without registering with the site, but Bryce won't get credit for the sale.
Choose your magazines and checkout! The scrapbooking mags are under the "Crafts/Hobbies/Collectibles/Antiques" category.

Thanks for your help!
Melinda and Bryce

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home