Friday, May 30, 2008

Walt's birthday album and a new LO

I made this album to send to my grandfather Walt for his 90th birthday earlier this month. By a miracle I actually got it put together and mailed in time for it to actually be there for the party. I'm told he enjoyed it ;) and of course being a hybrid album I was able to make a couple of other copies for my mother and for Mark easily. My mom got hers for mother's day and Mark will receive his for father's day next month.
credits: Snapshots 6x4 Eclectic Album and Thrifty Doodled Alpha by Jessica Bolton at scrapbookgraphics; fonts: CK Becky and TXT Stonewashed

I didn't do anything fancy to make the album, it was really very easy. I printed the pages on my photo printer, and then glued them to pieces of 6x4 chipboard with Mod Podge. I'm still learning what the right amount of it is to use- not enough and the prints come off, but too much makes the prints wrinkle and ink run. At least erring on the side of not enough is fairly easy to fix. I actually couldn't find 4x6 pieces of chipboard, but my LSS did have a package of 12x6 chipboard by Westrim, so I just cut each piece into 3 pages for this album on my Carl rotary trimmer. There were 6 sheets in the package and it cost about $4, I think. That was enough to do all three albums I made. Once the pages were glued together, I punches holes using my Crop-o-dile (the Big Bite can go through 3 pieces of chipboard at once- sweet!), added some office rings and then tied on pieces of ribbon.
If you like this album and want to make one of your own, the QP album is for sale in Jessica's store at scrapbookgraphics HERE.

and scrapbookgraphics has a new designer collab coming out tomorrow: Impressions of Fatherhood. It's a lovely mix of guy-type papers and elements. I scrapped this page about Bryce learning to mow Grandmama's yard a few weeks ago. His first summer job ;)
journaling: Bryce has his first summer job- Mark taught him how to mow Grandmama’s yard on May 11, 2008. They went over safety rules and how to properly use a gas powered mower, and then Bryce started on getting the job done. When the front and back yards were done, Bryce was paid for his work. When he mowed the lawn again two weeks later, he also learned to use the weed trimmer.
credits: Impressions of Fatherhood by Scrapbookgraphics Designers (coming June 1); grass by Christina Renee; fonts: TXT Annesia

Labels: , , ,

2 Comments:

Blogger clc said...

Love your snapshot album and the layout of Bryce!

10:41 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh I love that album it is so cute!

2:42 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home