Thursday, June 05, 2008

80s Flashback - 2008 dance recital night

I made a Mix Tape with a few of the 80s songs I heard at the dress rehearsal last night. Enjoy listening while you check out a few of the pics I was able to take. It's definitely a different perspective watching the girls dance from back stage instead of in the audience.
Getting 'glittered up' in the downstairs dressing room. The second stage mom is a hairdresser and she brought all sorts of glitter to put in the girls' hair and on their arms and chest.

having fun together while waiting for our class to be called to go upstairs to the stage.

It's finally time to go through their dance on the big stage. Love this shot! Carissa isn't totally in focus, but she is right in the spotlight.
Carissa is the first dancer you can see fully on the right, and Beth is the fourth one in from the right.
Beth's favorite part of the dance- twirling in place with her skirt spinning around her.

This is the Jazz 3 class opening pose- love the silhouettes against the bright background. They danced to a Pat Benatar song.
Finally the twins' ballet class is up. They are next to last in the first half of the program. My duties as stage mom were over since the tap class had danced near the beginning of the program, so I got to watch this one from the audience. I don't know if I will get to see their ballet dance tomorrow night, as we have to stay downstairs with all of the kids until intermission. Maybe I can sneak upstairs to see them, I'll have to wait and see how things work out.






Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Meredith said...

HOW FUN!!!! Great pictures. Love the mix tape. My girls are dancing to the music right now and loving this fun girly music! :)

7:50 AM  
Blogger Robin said...

Wow! You got such great shots. My point & shoot didn't do too well at T's recital. Looks like the show was great! :)

11:22 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home