Friday, April 16, 2010

AJC Quarterly Party Campfire and Week 13- Home

Who invited the party camels to the quarterly campfire gathering?? They must have snuck over after Brenna’s birthday party was done earlier this month….

The first campfire gathering challenge at the beginning of April was to decorate the camel Tangie gave us somehow. There are some beautiful, creative, thought-provoking, and even hilarious ones in the campfire gallery. I’m always amazed at the different things that the AJC participants think up!

AJC_CaravanPartyAnimals 
credits: Birthday Wishes by Glam Fairy, camel shape and banner from AJC Provisions Parcel 2 by Tangie Baxter

and another page in the list of itineraries I am trying to catch up on. The week 13 prompt was to tell something about what ‘home’ means to you.

AJC_wk13home-web

journaling: Before we moved to Colorado Springs, we moved quite regularly- every year or two. One of the things that struck me over time was how adding our belongings to a new house could make it feel like home right away. We spent almost 4 years fixing up the old house in Bellefonte, gutting the house and rebuilding it from the inside out. I remember taking one last look around the empty rooms before we signed the papers to sell it and move to New Jersey. It didn’t matter that it was empty now- those rooms held precious memories for me. Working side by side with my Dad and husband to make it a better place to live, bringing home our first child, working on our graduate degrees. Yes, my furniture and knick-knacks are important to me, but it is not the things in themselves. It is the memories that they bring to mind when I see them that makes them so precious. I feel the love of my friends and family in just about everything in my home.
credits: at scrapbookgraphics:
AJC Provisions Parcel 13 by Tangie Baxter, Home 2 Wordart by Bethany Harty, Self Indulgence by Veronica Spriggs (jar with roses), Watering Can Vase and outside paper from The Big Balloon by Lorie Davison, door hanger and blue wood frame from Rusty Sweetness by Lorie Davison, Mediterranean Muse by Phuong and Microferk (flower bunch and gold vertical frame, retired), white wood frame from Tree Hugger by Anna Benjamin (retired), gold horizontal and wood frames and screw from My Family Tree by Line Designs (retired); white paper from Thrifty Solids No 3 by Jessica Bolton (retired)
font: TXT Abrasive

Labels:

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wonderful layouts! Love all the detail in the home one, and the camel is very festive! LOL

7:20 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home