Monday, March 15, 2010

Latest LOs

There hasn’t been a whole lot of time for scrapping, or I just haven’t felt like it when I did have a few minutes. I started reading the Percy Jackson and the Olympians book series, and I got a bit sucked into them OK, that is a bit of an understatement- I’ll admit it :P I ended up ordering books 2-5 from Amazon (I had bought Bryce #1 at a school book fair a couple of years ago, so we already had that one), and I went through them all in about a week once they finally arrived. I must take the kids to see the movie now!

The DEA dance competition in Denver is this coming weekend, and I have to get everything together for that. We are planning a little trip over spring break too and trying to get everything ready to go for that too on top of it. I think it is going to be a crazy week! It will be nice to have this first competition behind us finally.

These are the miscellaneous LOs from the last couple of weeks.

Doris_SewnWithLove 
journaling: Grandma Doris was a professional seamstress and had a magical touch with fabric and thread.She sewed all of her own clothes, as well as many of the items that her children and grandchildren wore and played with.Quilts, doilies and household items were also crafted with her hands to make home a more beautiful place. Photo of Doris taken 1970.
credits: at scrapbookgraphics:
Sewing With Love by Baers Garten, Stephanie's Templatez by NeeNee; Frayed Fabric Templates by Rachel Young at scrapartist
fonts: CK Legacy, CK Cursive; fonts: CK Legacy, CK Cursive

Dianne Rigdon came out with a cute kit called ‘Little Buddies’ and it has some adorable little animals in it that reminded me of all of the stuffed friends we have in our house. So, I gathered up all of Sarah’s friends, took a picture of them, and then had Sarah tell me what each of their names are. She thought the whole process was neat ;) Now I will have something to refer to if I can’t remember someone’s proper name LOL! Sarah_FuzzyFriends  journaling: Little girls can never have too many friends! Here are Sarah’s best buds at the moment and their names.
credits: Little Buddies-
Girl papers, Boy Papers, Elements, Soft Acrylic Style, Warm and Cozy Alpha by Dianne Rigdon at Scrapartist.com; Date It by Amber Clegg at scrapartist.com; Bitty Stitches 2 by Lauren Reid at sweetshoppedesigns.com; black button numbers by me; fonts: TXT Annesia


EasterEggHunt_4-11-09 journaling: In typical Colorado Style, it was too wet to have the egg hunt outside so it was held inside the church again this year. Beth and Carissa brought their friend Alyssa for their last year of egg hunting. As usual, we ended up with lots and lots of eggs, which meant bringing home lots of easter candy. The telling of the Easter resurrection story always ends the fun. 
credits:
Hoppy Easter by Pixel Works at scrapartist; Template 14 by Yin Designs (modified), All Worn Up In You by Lauren Grier and Penny Spingerman at SweetShoppeDesigns; fonts: Susie's Hand, TXT Fat Hatch

One of the SBG designers, Phuong Ton, has announced that she will be stepping down from designing for a while. The Crew did a farewell playday today for her, and this is what I came up with for it. Sure makes me wish I had explored her kits a bit more as all of the Crew layouts look so beautiful! I started out trying to scrap these photos of my MIL's first wedding and just couldn't come up with anything I liked, then it evolved into this ;) Maybe eventually I'll figure out how I want to actually scrap them LOL

Gloria_wedding1962 
credits: at scrapbookgraphics: Mood For Love Collab  by Phuong and Microferk Designs, journal from Art Photo Masks Addon Kit  Phuong, Antique Cabinet Frames  by Jen Ulasiewicz, journal label from Listen To Your Heart by Manuela Zimmermann, pens from Dear Diary Minikit by ON Designs; photo frames by Andrea Burns, scissors by Bren Boone from Power Crafter, pearls from Paradise Lost by Kim Jensen at scrapdish.com
fonts: FG Amelia

Gloria_wedding1962-1 Gloria_wedding1962-2

Labels: , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home