Tuesday, April 20, 2010

AJC Weeks 15 and 16

Still trying to catch up. I think I’m down to only 3 weeks I’ve not done yet. Not too bad considering how busy things have been lately- and it won’t be slowing down until after school gets out and recital is over. Such is life- busy, but good most of the time.

Week 15- Nature
The main prompt for this week was to scrap something about nature- what you are inspired by, how it makes you feel, etc.
AJC_wk15nature-web
journaling:“For since the creation of the world God's invisible qualities— his eternal power and divine nature— have been clearly seen, being understood from what has been made, so that men are without excuse.” Romans 1:20
I see the hand of God when I see the wonders of nature. Surely the complexities of life didn’t just evolve from nothing. The more I studied science the more it convinced me that anything is possible with God. His work all around us is wondrous and amazing. The
world itself and the plants and creatures in it testify to the awesome power of God.
credits: at scrapbookgraphics:
Field Notes and Wonderland (rock) by Tangie Baxter, Listen To Your Heart (fern leaf) and Along the Beach (shells) by Manuella Zimmerman, Blue Agate from Prehistoric by Phuong (retired), white rocks from Gumnut Gully by Flergs, scattered flowers from The Big Balloon by Lorie Davison
font: Baby Boston

Week 16- Character

The prompt this week was to scrap using a word you would use to describe your character. I knew almost right away that I was going to use the word ‘wallflower’- it suits me, and I accept it as part of who I am at this point in life.

AJC_wk16character-web 
journaling: Can you see me standing back here, blending into the background? Yep, it’s me- Ms. Wallflower herself. I’m happiest back here helping out where you don’t notice me most of the time. A little public recognition once in a while isn’t bad, but I don’t need it to enjoy the jobs I do while helping others. Really, it’s OK. I don’t mind no one noticing me. I think I actually like it better that way.
credits:
Ultimate Art Doll by Tangie Baxter and SherrieJD at scrapbookgraphics; Bloomin' Eclectic by Jessica Bolton (flower paper); I Can See Clearly style by Misty Cato
font: Mistral, Arial

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

These are beautiful, Melinda! And I'm definitely a wallflower too.

11:03 AM  
Blogger jessica said...

Add me to the wallflowers group! Loved your journaling on that one. I can relate!

Beautiful cards!

12:59 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home