Monday, May 08, 2006

Goodness, where did last week go?

I kept meaning to get over and post some things last week, and it just never happened. It was a busy week last week- the kids were off from school Thursday and Friday for a testing day and Literacy day (I can never figure out why there is no school on Literacy day?!) I also spent some time getting a few things ready to go to a MOPS garage sale- mostly toys we cleaned out of Bryce's room. About half of the things we took sold, which is typical. The stuff that came home again is boxed up and saved for another sale my scrapping buds and I are planning later in the summer.

Tomorrow is a scrapping day- I've got some new kits to play with from my 'shopping' on Saturday night and my gracious friends who let me use their connections today to get them DLed. I actually didn't spend a penny Saturday- I had a GC and coupon I had been saving so that I could 'stretch ' my dollars a bit more- and of course I picked up a freebie or two.
So, I used a good portion of the GC I got from Dani Mogstad for being her Guest CT this month on Saturday because she had quite a few of her older kits on sale half off. I always love 2fer1 sales! I picked up the Grungy Boy and Sassy Pants kits there. I have a LO planned for the Grungy Boy kit, and I know I will find a use for the Sassy Pants one with something in my stash. How could I not with 4 girls in the house? I picked up Gina Miller's glitter border sets with the coupon I got for doing her last sketch challenge at SBB. Gina is so generous with her stuff it is amazing! and of course I got the summer whimsy freebie over at Scrapartist.

Well, I am fading fast. So I will leave you with a couple of LO I did recently and haven't shown off here yet.


This is the DH of one of my scrapping buddies. They went to Hawaii over Spring Break and I sweet talked her out of copies of some of her pics so that I could scrap them for her. The kit I used for this LO was actally a crop kit by our friend Kristen with pieces from two of her new Hawaii kits. I'll have to tell you more about them tomorrow. I can't seem to find the credit info for this LO at the moment, so I will have to add it later.

credits: Glimpse of Spring by Amy Knepper; zigzag stitch from Baby Blanket alpha by Amy Knepper; Sister plaque and photoprongs made by me; Scraplift of Cherish LO by Mellette Berezoski, Scrapbook Answers May 2006. pg 49; fonts: Mayfield
This LO turned out really well, I think. I saw the original I lifted it from in the mag and just had to try to weave ribbons together. I think it was worth the effort!

Ive got more to say, but it going to have to wait as I am heading to bed! Night everyone.

1 Comments:

Blogger Raji said...

Great layouts Melinda. The ribbon weaving is gorgeous. Maybe you could write a tutorial for us:)

6:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home