Saturday, February 24, 2007

it was a rough week

Between the PMS, cramps, potty training ups and downs (mostly downs and no, she is still not there yet....), and Sarah's diarrhea and vomiting it was not a pretty week at my house last week. We really are thinking that something is up with Sarah- nothing like a toddler suddenly throwing up on you every couple of days when she isn't sick to get you thinking. Now that the one end seems to have settle down a bit, she's got the runs again which also means a sore bottom. That is probaby in part to me not giving her the fiber supplements- which don't help when she can't keep them down. Here's hoping this next week is better because I have lots to do!

We did have a bright spot on Wednesday when Mark's buddy Danny from back home and his family were in town. Mark took the afternoon off from work and took them, Sarah and Brenna to the zoo. I actually had the house to myself- all alone!- for about an hour and 45 minutes. The big kids and I met the rest of the crew at Fargos for dinner. So the day was topped off with no cooking or cleaning up. It was heaven, I tell 'ya! LOL We had a really good time visiting with them and hope that it isn't nearly so long between visits next time.

I did manage a few layouts over the last week in between cleaning up after my two youngest children. This first one started off as a CT LO, but the colors just weren't working for me and I ended up changing most everything before I was happy with it.
journaling: Beth and Carissa both had parts in the 3rd grade play this year- A Christmas Carol.
Beth was Mrs. Cratchit and had several lines to say, and Carissa was a member of the carolers and sang a song with several friends. They both did well during the dress rehearsl and performance that night. I’m sure we will be watching their performing skills improve over the years ahead.
credits: Sweet Evangeline Holiday Flair by Michelle Coleman at Scrapartist; gold paper and painted stars from Rock Star by Krista Mettler at Scrapdish; gold alpha clips by Ahsley Olson at thedigishoppe; boardblock and office date labels by Holly McCaig at mydigitalmuse; Lo template by Tracy Blankenship; glitter action by atomic cupcake; fonts: VintageTypewriter


So, since the previous LO didn't work out as I was originally planning, I had to do another one ;) I started with a template from Rachael Giallongo at DigiChick for this one, and again by the time I was done it looked almost nothing like it. sometimes that is just the way it goes LOL! At least the kit stayed the same this time.
credits: Rock Star by Krista Mettler at Scrapdish; Flip and Tear Cardboard overlays by Linda Gil Bildal at Scrapartist; LO is based on a LO template by Rachael Giallongo for DigiChick sketch challenge; fonts: VintageTypewriter

and I did this one last night at Trinitycrops, the monthly crop I have attended for over 6 years now with my good friends. Well, I started it at home, worked on it at the crop, and finally finished it up this afternoon. like I said, it has been that sort of a week. These are older pictures- the baby in the photos is Brenna ;)
journaling: Melinda and the kids drove from Boulder to the Butterfly Pavilion in Westminster to meet the Tamblyns for an afternoon of exploring butterlies, bugs and a few fish. Bryce had been there not too long before on a school field trip after their insect unit, but he still had fun holding Rosie the tarantula again and helping us look for butterflies and some of the other animals in the exhibit. We enjoyed the special talk by a pavilion employee on the life cycle of a butterfly, being able to see a few large butterflies up close and then seeing the release of the newest butterflies into the exhibit. It was a fun-filled day and then we went back to the hotel in Boulder to meet Mark after his conference meetings were over for the day. June 17, 2003
credits: Maddy's Smile by Dani Mogstad at DesignbyDani.com; Creative Crops shapes by Dani Mogstad at DesignbyDani.com; LO template by Robin Cabana for RAKscraps sketch challenge; blue butterflies by me; fonts: Times New Roman


Oh, and the Funk It Up! contest has started up this week and I got my LO done for that too, but since it is posted anonymously until after the voting for the week is done, I can't show it off yet. I think it turned out great though, and VERY funky. I guess we will see if I can keep the funky juices flowing during the whole 6 weeks of the competition. I'm in it mainly for the challenge of trying some new things and exploring a style I don't usually use, but I wouldn't be adverse to a few of the wonderful prizes coming my way either. I guess we will see how it all comes out in the end. I can show you the bonus challenge card I did though. We had to make a card and it had to have a flower on it. Not difficult at all. Here's what I came up with:
credits: Vivid Intensity by Kim Jensen at Scrapdish.com; glitter ricrac by Gina Miller at ginamillerdesigns.com; Punchlabel alpha by Leah Riordan at Oscraps

I just love KimJ's Vivid Intensity papers and elements- the colors are gorgeous and her attention to detail is fabulous. Thanks for making such great scrapping goodies, Kim!

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love how that first and second layout came out, and I had already seen the butterfly layout. Cool funky card! Love Kim's goods too!
I hope Sarah is okay, that doesn't sound any fun, and that Brenna does a little better this week with her potty training.
Here's to hoping we both have a better week!!

9:35 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wonderful layouts! The butterfly one is so pretty! And the card is totally cool! Glad you liked working with the kit. :D

I must be living under a rock, because I have no idea where this competition is going on, but I'm looking forward to seeing everyone's stuff!

Hope Sarah's better. That would have me concerned as well.

Sorry to hear Brenna's having PT troubles. Kaylee's mostly day trained now. Really, once she got past her initial fears, it progressed pretty quickly. It just took forever to get past that first roadblock. I have no idea how to handle night training. That was never an issue with Matthew.

12:57 PM  
Blogger Robin said...

Hugs Melinda! I hope Sarah's doing better today - and I hope you're feeling better too!
Love all of your pages!

7:03 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home