Wednesday, February 07, 2007

today

So, a boring title, but I couldn't think of anything catchier LOL!

Here's the LO I did this morning:
journaling on page 1: Daddy’s memorial service was on January 3, 2007 at Heritage Congregational Church. It was wonderful to have so many family members there with us- many of which we had not seen in several years. We made all of the arrangements for the service ourselves from ordering the flowers to writing and printing the service program. Joe Clark gave a wonderful eulogy,,my mom had some wonderful things to say, and of course there was lots of music Daddy enjoyed. The highlight of the service was the fifteen minute slide show with pictures of his life and some of the music that he loved to listen to. It was a labor of love that took me most of the week before the service to put together. Learning to put together a slide show in such a short amount of time and when I wanted it to be perfect in his honor, was not the most ideal of circumstances, but with the help of Mark I had a working copy in time for the service.
credits: Novermber 2006 Scrapdish Designers Collaborative kit at Scrapdish; Flirty Flourishes 2 and 3 by Zoe Pearn at SweetShoppeDesigns; Square Quickies 3 Templates by Mish Gasser at PlainDigitalWrapper
fonts: Zapf Chancery LT

I actually did another one this evening, but I can't show it off quite yet ;) You can click on the picture above to see a bigger version, and if anyone wants an actual printable copy of the LO just let me know and I will zip the files up and send it to you!

So, today's big adventure was aquiring tickets to this year's Disney on Ice show. I was chatting with Becky last night on the computer and she let me know that the library had started the reading incentive program for the kids like they did last year. They read 7 books and they earn a voucher for a ticket to see the Disney on Ice program. Mark had seen the ad in the newspaper about a week ago saying that tickets were going to be on sale soon, and we had talked about going. Opening night tickets are only $10 each, so we figured we would just do that since we didn't know if the library was going to give out tickets again. It's technically a school night since opening night is Thursday, but it's only one day and then the kids are off on spring break so we didn't think it would be a big deal to let them stay up late that one night. I didn't remember to go check on tickets though until last night and the computer kept telling me that there weren't enough tickets available to be able to seat our whole family together. I called this morning to the box office and sure enough, there were a few seats on Thursday night still but the lady said they were scattered all over and not even in the same sections. So, I started earnestly looking into the library program deal. I had to sign the kids up on-line, I had to input books on-line, I had to call the library branch we go to and find out if they even had vouchers left still (keep in mind that this program only officially began two days ago), I had to go to the library to pick up the vouchers and then I had to drive to the box office to exchange the vouchers for actual tickets as well as buy a couple for the parents. What a pain! So, technically the kids haven't really read 7 books- I just said they did. I know they will in the next 4 weeks, but if I waited more than a couple of days there wouldn't be any vouchers and/or seats left to get. We went through the whole 'we are out of vouchers, we might get more later' thing last year and it was torture for everyone. The vouchers were only good for two shows- Thursday night and Saturday night, and as of 11 this morning the Thursday night show was completely sold out (only a couple of hours after I checked this morning). Anyway, to sum that all up- we are the proud owners of 6 tickets to see the Monsters, Inc. Disney on Ice show in March at the start of spring break. I'm sure we won't be allowed to forget during the next month that it is coming. ;)

Well, I think that is it for me. DH is out of town on a business trip until tomorrow night, so I think I might take myself upstairs to bed to finish the Tony Hillerman book I borrowed from my mom. I love to read in bed, but DH whines and complains about the light if he is trying to sleep, so I don't get to do it very often anymore. Night!

2 Comments:

Blogger skyescrapz said...

I used to love those kind of shows when I was little... Disney on Ice, etc. I have a program somewhere at my parents' house from one I went to that my nephews look at now. I hope you guys have fun!

1:10 PM  
Blogger Tracy Blankenship said...

how funnnnn! and what a neat thing the library is doing. very cool. love the layout!

8:53 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home