Thursday, February 08, 2007

Hey Chicky!

journaling: Sarah evidently watched me intently on Sunday nights after everyone else was in bed and I talked on the phone with my parents. One day she brought me the phone from the play kitchen in the bedroom, and after offering it to me, held it up to her ear. Nevermind that the phone was upside down and backwards, she knew where it was supposed to go!
credits: Spring Chick by Dani Mogstad and Dawn Bryan (Miss Huni Buni) at SweetShoppeDesigns (coming Feb 10); So Square stitches by Dani Mogstad; fonts: Avante Garde, Yippy Skippy

Today has just been one of those days where I need to look at cute pics like these to remind myself of the good things about having kids. Sarah has been doing nothing but get herself into trouble, Brenna has had several 'accidents' and then doesn't tell me about it, the big kids all came home from school doing nothing but bickering, tattling, and picking on each other and continued it all evening. Why do they save it all up for when DH is gone on a trip? And then to top it off, Sarah did her throw-up everywhere bit right after eating lunch today. I'm beginning to wonder if there isn't some bigger stomach/GI issue hiding in the shadows that is going to jump out and bite us. I'm learning just how much laundry I can stuff into the new front-loading washing machine these last couple of days.
I think I need a vacation. I guess going out for dinner and a movie with my friends Saturday evening will have to suffice.

1 Comments:

Blogger Robin said...

Maybe she was talking to Kylie, who the other day was holding up a piece of corn from Dora's kitchen to her ear like it was a phone! :) Makes me laugh at what kids pick up. Love your super cute page! :)

6:14 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home