Thursday, March 22, 2007

All of this funkiness is keeping me busy!

Things have been soooo busy the last couple of weeks! My mom has decided to retire and move closer to both my sister and myself, so DH and I have been running around checking out condos and townhouses for her. We found something she thought would be perfect for her, and she came for a weekend visit to look it over. She ended up making an offer, and it was accepted the next day! So, now we get to take care of things related to its purchase and remodel for her since she won't actually be moving until sometime in the fall. All of this is reminding me of how much time and effort moving takes, and that is keeping me content to stay in our current house. I don't have any desire to move right now LOL!

I kept meaning to pop over here and post my LO from the week 3 Funk It Up contest and kept getting distracted. So, here it is along with a few others I've put together. I love the way this contest is stretching me in my scrapping style, but it sure does take a lot of time and effort. I'm enjoying it though.

I followed Krista's instructions she posted on her blog to create this photo collage for the week 3 challenge. We had to make a LO completing the phrase "One thing I know for sure...."
Credits/journaling can be seen HERE

The Bonus 4 challenge for this week was to use stamps or digital brushes on a project. I created this ATC using a few pieces from my Hearts Aglow kit I made last month, a stock photo from Stock Xchange and some brushes by Nancie Rowe Janitz and Christine Smith. This pic always makes me want to go to Starbucks LOL!


I joined a circle journal project with some of the other Dani's Girls and Shawna Clingerman's CT. My first LO had to be on the theme of my greatest fear. Here's what I put together for that. This was a LO I had wanted to do for a while, but it sure was hard to put those words down. I think the next LO I get to do is what makes me laugh- a bit happier theme will be a nice change.
credits/journaling can be seen HERE

and finally to a couple of LOs about Daddy for his book. I want to start printing these out and putting them in the album I bought so that the kids can look at them too. I used a sketch and Robin's latest kit for this LO with Daddy's high school graduation picture. I noticed he is wearing his National Honor Society pin in this photo when I looked closely at it; he gave it to me my junior year when I joined the NHS.
credits/journaling can be seen HERE

I spent about a week and a half on this timeline of all of the places that Daddy lived. It was neat to hear more about his childhood home from Uncle Ralph and Aunt Sheryl and tidbits about some of the other houses from my mom (thanks to all of you for helping with this!). I haven't spent that much time on a LO in a long time, but I love the way it finally turned out!
credits can be seen HERE
(click the picture to see a bigger version!)

A bit of sad and happy CT news.... Robin has decided to close her shop at Scrapdish. :( So, I won't officially be on her CT anymore- boohoo! I've always loved her kits for their clean, classic style. It's a good thing I have lots of her designs in my stash to pull from; I know I will be going back to them over and over. She will still be at RAKs, so hopefully there will still be new things every once in a while to play with.

and you know the saying about one door closing and another opening? well, in this case it was two! I have been invited to join the CT at SophiaSarducci and for Kim Jensen! The heritage style kits at SophiaSarducci are totally amazing and will be perfect for lots of the photos I brought home in January that still need to be scrapped. They have some great funky style elements in the store too! I've always loved Kim's kits and unique elements, so I am thrilled she asked me to join her new CT! I'm looking forward to working with you :)

and with that I need to get busy and get to work! I've got lots of CT things to take care of!

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Such awesome layouts, Melinda! You are doing an amzing job with all your dad's photos, and you have certainly risen to meet the challenges. All your hard work is definitely worth it! :)

I'm so excited to have you joining my team! It's going to be loads of fun, and I know you'll all do amazing things with my stuff!

2:23 PM  
Blogger Robin said...

I love your pages, especially the collage! :)
And I'm so glad you've been on my team. You always made me look good - I didn't recognize those papers on the 2 pager LOL!!!!
But it looks like you'll have lots of fun stuff to play with on your new teams! Super cool!

7:01 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home