Monday, March 05, 2007

So close, yet so far away

and so the saga of trying to find a shamrock shake continues.... I went to the grocery store to pick up a few things for dinners this week. There is a McDs right across the intersection, but I didn't really want to go inside and sit and eat lunch. I chose the drive-through instead. I pulled up and aksed if they had shamrock shakes- she said yes, so I ordered one and a happy meal for the kids to share. I picked up the food and we drove home. I stuck the shake in the freezer for enjoying after lunch was over. We ate and I finally got my treat out to enjoy- I take the top off the cup and find a PINK milkshake instead of a green one ::sigh:: the guy had given me a strawberry one instead. Maybe the gal taking the order didn't understand what I said, or maybe they don't really have the shamrock shakes at this restaraunt. I don't know since we didn't go inside; I guess if I try again that is what I will have to do. We went ahead and enjoyed the strawberry shake- haven't had one of those in a long time either- because it wasn't worth the trouble to take it back and they would just throw it away, but it wasn't really what I wanted. I swear trying to find the minty green shakes is like the elusive pot of gold at the end of the rainbow every year.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home