Tuesday, April 03, 2007

Easter portraits 2007

Yesterday's adventure consisted of dressing everyone in their Easter outfits and venturing out to the mall and Kiddie Kandids for the yearly portrait. KK finally upped the number of photos that one portrait session is allowed to keep, so I was able to get a group photo and individual photos of each of the kids. I won't need to go back in December this year (yeah! photos are expensive!) I'm pleased with how these came out- the older kids have got the routine down and it doesn't take long to get them done. The photographer was able to get a great shot of Miss S, who did not want to sit still again, in both the group and individual pics. Brenna was getting cranky by the end because it was lunch time and she was last, but we got her to cooperate. She didn't want to take off the pretty dress, even to go play at McDs. The KK people know us by sight now I have been in the studio so much over the last year and half. They didn't even bother to offer me the extra borders on the portraits and their scrapbook pages- they know me too well LOL I always look at those and know I can do something much better ;) The moms before us took almost 30 minutes sitting and looking at all of the different options and changing titles and fonts, etc. Just give me the photoCD please! I was done ordering in less than 10 minutes this time, and most of that was spent typing in my name and address so that the 2 items they couldn't print in the back could be shipped to me. oh, do the young men of this day and age not wear ties?? Bryce doesn't have a black tie, so I went to 2 different stores to try and find a youth sized black tie and found absolutely none, clipon or tie-it-yourself, in any color. Bryce only has a red one which wouldn't work with the deep purple/almost magenta dresses his sisters were wearing, so he is without as I knew we would be cutting it close on the timeline with Brenna's good mood already. I really wanted him to wear a tie- oh well, such is life. So, without further ado here they are:







Labels: , ,

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Just beautiful!! You know, other than one brief session of the kids with their grandma a couple of years ago, we haven't done studio pics since Kaylee was about 7 months old. Being she'll be 5 this month, maybe we ought to think about doing it again. LOL

11:44 AM  
Blogger skyescrapz said...

Wow, those portraits turned out GREAT! I love the dresses the girls are wearing too! :)

12:59 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Those pictures are all so precious! I especially love the one of Sarah (she has the exact same hair as Emma!). Gorgeous dresses too - you have a beautiful family. :)

1:14 PM  
Blogger Robin said...

These turned out beautifully Melinda!!!! I love the dresses too! :)

6:10 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Melinda I am amazed that you were able to get all five of them to look that good at one time! And how on earth do you find matching dresses in all those different sizes? Please don't tell me you made them! LOL

You have a lovely family. :-)

8:22 PM  
Blogger Meredith said...

this is great! we haven't done studio portraits in two years... hannah is almost 3! great job getting them all to smile at once.

9:56 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home