Tuesday, September 18, 2007

The moving truck is unpacked

The furniture is in place and everything pretty much fits where it was supposed to. We were only missing 2 boxes by the time everything was unloaded, which isn't bad considering there were 465 on the truck. They are probably in the garage somewhere in the stacks of boxes left there for a lack of better place to put them at moment.

After the kids got their homework done, we headed back to my mom's to start some of the unpacking tonight, with a stop to get pizza for dinner on the way there. We got most of the book boxes in the downstairs hallway unpacked and on the shelves- probably about 20 boxes worth. They are in no particular order, so they will have to be sorted through and rearranged eventually but at least they aren't in the boxes. It's always interesting to see what things the movers shoved into a particular box to fill it up. We have collected several boxes of miscellaneous items to go through and decide what to do with it. A lot of it is just junk that hadn't been sorted out yet before the movers came, but gems pop up occasionally too- an old wooden jewelry box with a great-grandfather's pocket watch, a music theory book that was my mom's during high school and still has her HS logo book cover on it, 'Super Pickle', a Little Miss Revlon doll with a few outfits, a picture album from my mom's trip to Fiji years ago, an old children's song book, a box of children's sheets- with my Holly Hobby set, Megan's panda bear set and a Strawberry Shortcake set, my Sunshine Family dolls and house as well as some other misc dolls and toys leftover from 'way back when' as my kids might say. I think the box I was most excited to see the label on was one that says it contains school papers and report cards from my Dad, Mom, sister and myself. I think that one will be fun to look through in the future.

Brenna, Sarah and I will head up there again tomorrow morning. The goal for tomorrow is to get the office sorted out. The cable guy is supposed to come to hook up the cable and my mom wants to have the computer set up so he can get the internet connection all set up for her.

Labels:

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sounds like it's going well so far! I've never had a mover pack for me. I think that would be a weird experience to have someone else handling your actual stuff, but I'm sure I'd get over it if it meant I didn't have to do all that packing! LOL

I have no idea what "Super Pickle" is. LOL We pulled some of my old stuff out of the attic here after Christmas. We found my Sunshine Family house, but not the dolls, so they must still be up there in the chaos somewhere. :b

6:40 AM  
Blogger Sharon-shutterbug said...

Ooooh, the Sunshine Family dolls were one of my favorite toys when I was young!! So much so that I bought some more off of eBay a few years ago for my own dd. Never had the official house, however - instead my family made me a wonderful one.

1:53 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home