Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Birthday presents

So, yesterday was my birthday. It was a pretty good day. Most of it was spent doing all of our normal activities- school, dance class, our weekly library visit, and then Momma came over and watched the kids for us while Mark and I went to dinner. I chose Mimi's Cafe this year- I love their French Onion Soup and I also had a pistachio crusted salmon fillet that was very good.

Brenna drew me this picture and presented it to me when I got up.
journaling: Brenna drew me this picture of us together for my birthday. This is the first time I’ve seen her draw a picture of me with my glasses on.
credits: Sweet Love by Saxon Holt and Tracey Monette at Scrapbook-Elements.com; P52 Week 5 layout by Tracy Blankenship at FunkyPlaygroundDesigns; 365 International Edition by by Monica Guerra Leiria (mglScraps) at scrapbookgraphics.com; fonts: CK Becky

I got this gift from my mom a couple of days early:
We found it at the Denver Indian Market on Saturday. It was at one of the last booths we stopped at. The beads are jasper and turquoise, and the multi-colored stone is called "Boulder."

I made cupcakes for everyone yesterday too. Cherry chip cake with chocolate buttercream frosting. Sarah is quite obsessed with the cupcakes and keeps asking when she can have one today.

My birthday present from Mark arrived this morning. I love it when the FedEx truck pulls up to our house. Here is what he left with me- an Epson Artisan 700:
I've got to clean off the end of my table for it. By the size of the box, I think it's going to take up most of the room on the left side.

Mr. Postman also brought me a very late Christmas gift today too, finally. Mark got me some jewelry this year and he completely guessed wrong on the size of ring I wear. The gal he bought it from agreed to exchange it for the correct size, so I packaged it up and sent it back to her the week after Christmas. It took 3 weeks for it to get to her- I was beginning to think it just got lost in the mail by then. The correct size made it's way back to me today. Sarah keeps looking at it and trying to take if off my finger because she is such a jewelry nut and loves everything sparkly LOL

Labels: , , , , ,

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a cute drawing she made you! Hope you had a great b-day Melinda!

10:22 AM  
Blogger R ADK said...

https://setup-wireless-printer.com/canon-pixma-ix4000-setup-windows/

4:08 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home