Wednesday, February 04, 2009

Childhood memories layouts

a couple of trips down memory lane with these layouts

Journaling: Whenever I see purple and yellow irises I think of Grandma Doris and her house in Oklahoma City. They filled the flowerbeds in front of the porch in the spring. When we moved to Washington, Momma took several bags of bulbs from Grandma’s flowerbeds and Daddy planted them on the side of our house. Over the years they filled the space and come spring the side yard was filled with beautiful irises that reminded me of her. ~journaled 2-2-09 by Melinda
credits: by Birgit Kerr and Flergs at scrapbookgraphics.com; Templates with Attitude 19 by Tracy Blankenship at FunkyPlaygroundDesigns.com; fonts: CK June Bug Louise

I did this one for the Hodge Podge "Pictureless" challenge
Journaling: I can still hear the music all of these years later. I’ll admit there were quite a few things that I didn’t like about spending a vacation at Grandma Doris’ house, but I always looked forward to watching Batman and Robin in the afternoons at 3 o’clock. Grandma was usually working during the days, sewing clothing for her clients and she liked to watch the ABC soap operas.... Like sands through the hourglass, these are the days of our lives..... I didn’t understand these shows and was terribly bored by them. Then, she made us take a nap, which I didn’t like either (though now I understand that I have kids of my own). We could get up at 3 o’clock and the TV would be ours to watch what we wanted for the rest of the afternoon. Batman and Robin came on and was my favorite. I don’t remember watching it at home, just at Grandma’s house. The show was goofy with the written out exclamations, villains who never really hurt anyone, minimal dialog and very ‘70s music, but I loved it. I watched super hero shows and cartoons for many years, but Batman and Robin will always have a special place in my memories. -Melinda 2-2-09
credits: Super Duper! by Tangie Baxter at scrapbookgraphics.com; fonts: Note This

Labels: , ,

1 Comments:

Blogger clc said...

Love your layouts - especially the iris one!

3:02 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home