Sunday, February 01, 2009

weekend layouts

I did this layout for the SussieM playday at SBG tomorrow (I'm cheating and posting it just a wee bit early since Mondays are so busy it is hard to upload at certain sites). I pulled out one of Sarah's newborn portraits to go with the gorgeous Angelic kit. It could be used for love themed layouts too- a very versatile kit and the detail on the elements and papers is amazing!
credits: Angelic by Sussie M at scrapbookgraphics.com, Playing with Word Art 7 and 8 by Natali Designs at scrapbookgrphics.com; portrait by Roseanne Miske Photography
fonts: TXT Sloppy Script

Ms. Sarah loves cupcakes.... she hadn't eaten dinner in days because she just didn't like the look of what I was serving, but as long as there were cupcakes left for dessert last week we didn't have any problems at dinner time. I guess I need to make some more cupcakes this week ;)
journaling: I was taking pictures of the cupcake before I started to eat it and when I moved the camera up a little I see Sarah laying on the table watching the delicious cupcake closely. So, I invite her to pose for a few pictures with the coveted cupcake. She hams it up for me for several minutes, and I let her reach for the cupcake for a photo. The next thing I know, the cupcake is in her hands and she is taking a big bite out of the chocolate frosting- what a sneaky girl!
credits: Impressions Of Delight by Scrapbookgraphics Designers at scrapbookgraphics; A Little Eclectic 5 by Janet Phillips; Funny Stitches by Natali at scrapbookgraphics; cupcakes by Flergs (blog freebie); fonts: CK Chocolate Sundae, CK Extra


and I spent a lot of Friday night and Saturday putting together this page for the Circle Journal that the BBB ladies started last year. It's been the full year we allotted for the project and none of us are done yet, but we're easy going and that doesn't matter. We'll keep working on it until it's all done. I think I've done the most pages at this point with 8 of the 12 done so far. This page is for Tania's topic where we were supposed to scrap a quote about art. I chose this one:
Above all else, it is about leaving a mark that I existed: I was here. I was hungry. I was defeated. I was happy. I was sad. I was in love. I was afraid. I was hopeful. I had an idea and I had a good purpose and that's why I made works of art. -Felix Gonzalez-Torres

I was trying to represent some of the types of artistic things I've one over the years both to amuse and express myself- sewing, beading, I had a brief love of macrame after summer camp one year, string art of all sorts over the years (remember the friendship bracelets, and decorating barretts by weaving ribbons around them?), cross-stitch, painting- mainly on ceramic pieces I spent lots of time pouring and cleaning, paper crafts of all sorts, scrapbooking- both paper and digital, and flower arranging among others.

credits:
by Nancie Rowe Janitz at scrapartist: Found Brushes, ATC Frames 2, Digital Distress Kit, Bits of History, PDQ
Autumn Glory Overlays, PDQ Bella Overlays, PDQ Canvas
Christine Smith at digitals: A Brush with Tea
Lauren Grier: Stroked Brushes
Weeds & Wildflowers: Paper Flowers, blue flourish from Morning Glory
Jen Wilson: Stitched Hearts and Arrows
AdronsCatherine: Once Upon a Sewing Room
strings: by kahamart IO Joy CTs addon, Flergs Troublemaker, Digifiles 1 from The Daily Digi
Rachel Young at scrapartist: frayed fabric templates
Kim Broedelet at DSO: Vintage Overlays 2 and 3
Jaime Young at FPD: Funky and Shabby buttons
Kim Jensen: pearls from Paradise Lost
Sophia Sarducci: Dimestore Beads, Nona Maria's Sewing Basket
Needles- Simplicity by Holly McCaig and Chocolate Covered Cherries by MGLscraps at scrapbookgraphics
Tangi Baxter at scrapbookgraphics: Sew Girlie
In Vogue by Scrapartist Designers
Sabrina Dupree: Color Theory Pink
Meredith Fenwick: Sweet Notions
Traci Reed: Rosebuds
Christina Renee: Recollections
Doris Castle: Special Times (Stitched Rosebud)
Dani Mogstad: Sweet Cupcake (ribbon rose)
Preschool Palooza by Emily Powers and Kate Hadfield at WeAreStoryTellers (paintbrush)
Melinda Staley: round gems
Kaye Winieki at The-LilyPad: All That Twitters elements and Maisy's Garden
Fonts: TXT Sloppy Script and TXT Abrasive

and I spent quite a bit of last week putting the finishing touches on a new kit that will make an appearance at Scrapdish next week. Here's a peek:

Labels: , , , ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Jan said...

Wow, Melinda!!! My mouth is hanging
open and I am totally amazed at these
layouts!!! Above all else is your
best layout of all time. Amazing!! :)
Goes to prove you have your kits more
organized than me.

10:45 PM  
Blogger clc said...

Beautiful layouts and I love your new kit!

9:44 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home